When I nearly die.....

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Namde, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Namde Augur

I lose all control of my character. Its weird. My mouse and keyboard stop working. Is this normal? I have to kill the task and relaunch the game for things to work again.
  2. phattoni Augur

you shouldnt lose control of your character, unless you have a fear or stun or something on you from the monster you are fighting.

this is not normal behaviour, unless you are mesmerized stunned feared etc.

if you are any of them things you will lose partial control. i think you will be able to type, but not move the mouse etc.
  3. Loup Garou De loop de loop

sounds to me like your keyboard/mouse is the culprit. Have you cleaned either of them recently?

A little more info would help. Like is it random or only when your fighting in certain zones/mobs?

You have been playing many years so I would assume your familiar with charmed or other mob spells.
  4. Namde Augur

What I meant by "lose control" is my mouse and keyboard do nothing. I either kill the task or I can click the X in the upper righthand corner of the game in windowed mode and that will sit my character down and start logging me out.

Its happened with multiple characters on different accounts. I see where I'm bleeding to death for a second, and then I'm healed but then I'm screwed without a mouse or keyboard.
  5. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

This definitely happens, when you have a near death and basically feign death and come back. To fix it most of the time I use F9 to change the camera view and that usually works.
    Namde and Loup Garou like this.
  6. Loup Garou De loop de loop

ah yes the feign death bug. forgot about that one from a year or so ago
    Namde likes this.
  7. Gialana Augur

There is a bug that if you are clicking your mouse in the when you are knocked unconscious but are rescued by a heal, there's a good chance that your mouse click will be locked to whatever you were trying to click. There is a thread about it in the bug forums. However, I have not heard of this particular bug affecting the keyboard, so you might be experiencing a different bug.

Have you tried unplugging and replugging your keyboard to see if you can get it back? If you can get the keyboard back, you can probably use "/loadskin default 1" (or replace default with your custom UI) to regain control of your mouse.
  8. kookoo Augur

mostly happening for us raiding , we call that purple bug , and happen here and there since many months.
    we can't use the mouse , can't cast spells , ect . happening several times per week for guildies ( specially when raiding )