Whats your 105 shaman spell line up?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Nickster86, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Nickster86 Elder

I recently started trying to bot a friends shaman and while my former main used to be a cleric I have quickly found that a shaman is nothing like botting a cleric. I tried to find some modern spell line ups however alot of what I have found is very dated. My current group make up is: Mage, Bard,Shaman, max aa/geared tank merc, a subpar healer merc, and a caster merc. So far I have tried just spot healing on the shaman but I think now that I am going through dino island he needs to be more hands on with healing.I was hoping to get some critiques on my spells to see what most of you use nowadays. My spells are:
    Crippling counterbias
    Krasirs Mending
    Krasirs recourse
    Reckless Regeneration
    Shear of Renewal
    Talisman of the Leopard
    Glacial Gift
    Reefmaws bite
    Sraskus's Curse
    Nectar of Woe
    Serpintil's Venom
    Sephyr's Malady

Still tinkering and have way to many different spell sets and can't seem to find one that I like. I lead off a fight by doing shear and talisman while a mob is inc. Once in camp I made a macro on the mage that put the pet on the mob and the mage starts to use AA malo then while malo is casting i tab to the shaman andI hit the mob with crippling counterbias. From there I see if it's safe to start dotting if not I heal using mending if merc going down fast I hit it with reckless and use recourse. I thought poison dots are supposed to be a shamans best but the magic seems to hit pretty hard. With dots I do sraskus's , nectar, then serpintil and malady. Serpintil and malady I recast as they are about to fade. Are there any older spells I should be using? I was reading up on blezons but am unsure how it's different from shear of renewal. Also do I want spiritual surge loaded? Do I want to run solely poison dots? How do you find the best way to use glacial gift?What dots are you using and whats the order your casting them in?

Thanks to all in advance for replies any help would greatly be appreciated.
  2. Nickster86 Elder

For some reason can't edit the post wanted to ask if I need sluggishness in my spell set and also if older versions of dots stack with newer ones. I am excited to compare and see what others use. Please don't just post a link to a heroic guide I want to see what people are actually using. Thanks again!
  3. Brohg Augur

Leopard & Shear dump. Leopard is like a bard song it takes a stacked group to make it worth casting over any other damage spell. Shear you can load up to pre-cast before a named.

Regenerating Counterbias is nearly 3k higher healing than Crippling, and casts a touch faster. I moved up to the new one, you can see if the cripple is necessary with the tank you're using. Maybe you load actual Crippling Spasm or rotate the two Cripple AA to go with the better slow, I dunno.

That tank merc is only enabling the bard's melee. You'll have to check with a log parser, but you may be better off skipping melee on the bard, letting mage pet tank, and running another caster merc (or just none). Prettttty sure the magician pet is tougher.

Mage can skip malo if you put Maloseniac Eminence on pet.
    The 100 Reckless doesn't share timer with 105. If you're in a healing role you should have both up. Sooo much better than the basic Mending heal. If you're in an exclusively healing role, then you even use the 95 Reckless, but it's not quite as good as the 100/105.

At various points in EQ's timeline, shm used almost exclusively poison, just not now. In a full-on damage mode, the shaman dot linup (necro-like full spellbar) will end up including 105 104 100 and 99 Poisons along with more magics and diseases. The next dot you'd add to your linup if you dug out space would be another magic, Garugaru, then 99 Nectar of Anguish.

"Blezon's" what? Mending, Recourse? These are just older versions of Krasir's, they have no utility at 105. No / shared timer, respectively.

Surge for sure, it's the big-time tank-hp-bar-filling heal for shm these days, paired with Gift. If whoever's tanking is immediately dying, then you Reckless them (or Recourse or Intervention as appropriate). If they're not, then you Gift+Surge.

Your spell linup is missing Historian's Intervention. It's a crucial rescue heal that's very fast casting, hits the whole group - so you don't have to waste time targeting the one in crisis, and multiplies itself based on how low each heal-ee's hp is, so it's likely to mostly fill anyone under 25%.
  4. Brohg Augur

Sluggishness I have room for in my spell bar devoted to support activities, but it has to be swapped in if I'm trying to keep damage spells up. I do try to keep it active on the tank all the time. The HoT is overwritten by Counterbias heal, the slow is redundant with Counterbias slow - but it can get in there before spells can be cast, which is valuable, especially dealing with multiple mobs.
  5. SomeEQGuy Elder

Did they fix the languor line of spells? Last I knew was if you used it on a merc, the slow procced on the merc rather than the mob. I don't rememebr seeing a patch message about it but may have missed it.