What's up with Veteran Rewards? Any new ones?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beggly, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Beggly Augur

The lastish Veteran Reward I remember getting was Throne of Heroes. Were there any after that and are their plans to gain more of them? Perhaps you can consider giving out some sort of 'access' to special items veteran reward like a veteran reward merc or house or pet or something. Anyway, just wondering.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

They stated they didn't expect to be adding Veteran Rewards beyond an entitled 14 years and so far that's been the case.

1st year Lesson of the Devoted
    2nd year Infusion of the Faithful
    3rd year Chaotic Jester
    4th year Expedient Recovery
    5th year Steadfast Servant
    6th year Staunch Recovery
    7th year Intensity of the Resolute
    8th year Throne of Heroes
    9th year Armor of Experience
    10th year Summon Resupply Agent
    11th year Summon Clockwork Banker
    12th year Summon Permutation Peddler
    13th year Summon Tribute Master
    14th year Blessing of the Devoted
  3. fransisco Augur

They should make a new one that just reduces all the summons by 50% - so you can get a banker/piddler/vendor/tirbute master again the same day
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Veteran_Rewards

Daybreak has announced there will be no new Veteran Rewards.
  5. eqzekisdead Augur

Vet rewards were always a terrible idea.

They should add a way to get them ingame through questing.
    Fanra likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

They should open them to everyone based on time played. No more of this one character per year. Alternatively, they should let you buy then with the loyalty points. One extra year and one extra character.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

How would that work? Based on that I would only have up to 7th year vet (2732 days played; 2732/365=7.48 = 7) when in reality I have all 14 vets with an entitled 15y, 109d+.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think they should be rewards that was tied to progression for earlier expansions. For example if vet reward x was new when expansion Y was current, then you have to do progression in expansion Y in order to get vet reward X.

Being a veteran should mean you know essential stuff about the old game.

If there is no "progression-achievement" for that expansion yet, then tie it to some significant key-quest instead. or a big quest that was essential for that expansion.
  9. svann Augur

This. I switched my bard to a 2nd account so I could box and then realized he loses all vet rewards. He really misses throne of heroes.
  10. Thrillho Augur

It's ridiculously easy to amp up played time. Leave your toon logged in - people do it all the time for buffs, baz mules (before offline was added in), auto-killing, auto-foraging, auto-whatevering (legal or not).

I like that idea. I'd argue that it should need to be done in order as well if it were to be implemented.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

Kinda takes away from it being a "VETERAN" reward then doesn't it?

Its kinda like working for a Union shop, all the newbies holler about seniority sucking and being so unfair, until they get some seniority that is.
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The problem with requiring a specific order, is that some quests are not repeatable. Doing crystallos-key before don-progression(for example) should not disqualify people permanently.

Going back to earlier quests should be a viable way of unlocking, regardless of what you have already done, and requiring people to do the same quest chain twice is bad design imho.
  13. Thrillho Augur

Give them credit without giving the reward. Same as the rewards for amping up the Eyes of Decay / Life. You can do the achievements out of order, but until you get to your roadblock one you can't get the latter levels. Once you clear your roadblock, you get all rewards up to the next road block.

There are certainly some rewards that are more desirable than others. To the point where people wouldn't even bother with some (Jester & Steadfast Servant come to mind). It's not entirely fair to have folks put in 14 years worth of time to get Blessing of the Devoted, only to have someone else come in and get it by bypassing 13 years of progression.

Want the rewards? Put in the time. Don't want to put in the time? Do the progression in order. EverQuest, not EasyQuest.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would be ok with that, you shouldn't be able to skip vet-rewards or cherry-pick what you want. Having to unlock vet-rewards 1-6, is a fair requirement to receive 7'th, as long as you can't accidentally "block" yourself out, or have to complete a quest twice.
  15. smash Augur

I do not see any reason whatsoever to change the way veteran is earned.

The reward has always to reward people that has been customers as early as possible. NOT for doing progression or things like that. People already get rewards for doing that.

And well my accounts are not max rewards, so I know I need to be customer longer to reel in the rewards.

For new players that is no different for them that it has been for me.
  16. Thrillho Augur

Player acquisition / retention. A new person coming in is overwhelmed by the amount of stuff they're behind in already. Levels, AAs, gear, progression, veteran rewards. The first 4 you can get caught up on relatively quickly - levels via heroic toon, AAs via auto-grant, gear via heroic, progression via expansions being unlocked. Even with these enabled, there is still a lot of work to be done. There's no bypass for veteran rewards though. Fortunately, Lesson is the first veteran reward and should help a lot of new folks if they can get beyond the first year. Personally, I wouldn't mind giving new accounts Lesson right from the get-go to help them out even more.

EQ is on its last legs. Hopefully it's still a long ways away, but it's certainly coming, and I have no doubt it will be dead well before 14 years from now. A new person coming in doesn't have 14 years to put in to get all the current veteran rewards. I thought that was why they stopped adding new ones - because some folks are never going to see them. As Jumbur stated above, being a veteran should mean you know essential stuff about the old game. Ensuring these progressions are done is a good way to know the game (even though you'll be able to stomp most of it anyway).
    svann likes this.
  17. smash Augur

Nor should there be. I am conservative in this and think people should earn them as they always been earned.
  18. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Veteran Rewards are in no way game changing. Some of them are neat perks which everyone would likely enjoy the opportunity to have. If I only paid for one account for a long time but wanted to start another account, it would be a nice to have them on the new account. If "veterans" need an exclusive perk, let it be something that comes from the store. A periodic sub discount and/or free month, more free DB cash, etc. The "veteran" part is just because we handed Verant/SoE/DB more money to play monthly so reward that with giving "money" back in some form.

You do not need 18 years of game play to become the other "veteran" referenced in this thread. Some of these would be very nice rewards if tied to old achs/quests.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

People get mad when I use my chaotic jester in a raid...
  20. Vixx New Member

Think a vet aa that lets your group join the active mission from guild lobby would be amazing

What was that one in pirate expansion folks run ad naseum?