What's the deal with FV's economy? And what are the current FV rules?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Leatherneck, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

Since there aren't server boards anymore, I thought I'd ask this here. What's going on with FV's economy?

I started playing on FV this weekend and took a look at the prices of things. Now I'd expect things that are ND on normal servers to be expensive, but my word things are crazy expensive on FV, even normal stuff like Defiant. Reading the general channel and seeing stuff going for 4, 5, 8+ million plat is mind boggling. Makes it seem a daunting task contemplating gearing up for anything beyond Defiant gear as I level up, especially as none of my characters are anything vaguely resembling raid-worthy anymore.

So I guess the question is, what is the strategy for new or returning players and surviving that sort of economy?

Second question: I've been surfing around on various websites looking for the current FV ruleset and can't seem to find anything up-to-date. Is there still a per-hour cap on language skillups? Is the Warren Loot Code still in effect all over the server? I looked for a non-official server forum and the only one I found looked deader than disco.
  2. Borek-VS Augur

TLC was dropped many years ago. Apart from that, once you get into the specific details of the ruleset, I'm not sure :).
    Leatherneck likes this.
  3. Dalmoth Journeyman

I started on FV back in June or so, VoA raid items are in the 3+ million plat range because until recently on one guild could beat the events and pretty much had a monopoly on the gear. Most believe this is due to plat sellers but I can't really say for certain, if gear sells for that so be it, can't say if it does or does not. Defiant in the bazaar is rather expensive, but I sell it on my trader relatively cheap I guess because I just about always sell elegant gear within a couple of days. Anything below 70 is make or camp it yourself however, just not much gear for those levels.

In the mid 70s it isn't too hard to find someone that can buy Solteris armor sets if you can get the phosphens, and then your probably geared enough to move into House of Thule T1 Group stuff and go from there. Finding an active guild is probably the harder issue.

I haven't experienced a lot of RP myself, but I've seen some attempts at events.
    Also, there is a 50% exp bonus in play all the time. Makes it easy to level and AA, but super easy to out level your gear if you forget about it.
    Leatherneck likes this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

5. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

@Borek-VS: Thanks. Just what I was looking for.

@Dalmoth: That makes sense. I was just wondering how it could be that even "normal" gear was so much more expensive when there theoretically should be more, on a per-person basis, than normal servers. Since gear doesn't get lost due to "No Trade", it should be more plentiful. However, the one-guild lock on the highest tiers sheds some light on the subject. And yah, I'm a bit concerned about out-levelling my gear, especially on my lower levelled characters.

@CrazyLarth: Thanks.
  6. Cakeny Augur

The hourly cap on language skillups has gone the way of the dodo too.
    Leatherneck likes this.
  7. d0p3y New Member

You just started playing on the server, of course high end items are out of your reach. Did you expect to rock up and get a full set of voa raid gear or something?

FV is the easiest (by far!) server to make plat on.

A full set of solteris armor can be had for between 50 - 100k, I bet other servers would love to get their hands on that armor at lvl 75 for such a cheap price.

Keep in mind everything you use when leveling up can be resold, something other servers can't do!
  8. Gannen Elder

Here's the ruleset from the Knowledge base... (I underlined most of the most notables)

[EQ] The Features and Special Rules of the Roleplaying Server: Firiona Vie

Answer ID 1375 | Published 06/22/2004 11:41 AM | Updated 09/20/2012 02:36 PM
    [IMG]
    The Features and Special Rules of the Roleplaying Server: Firiona Vie
    Firiona Vie Server Feature List:

· There will not be any transfers from this server. Free transfers to this server are available from most other servers, but are one-way only, and cannot be reversed.

· This is a PvE (Player vs. Environment) server, NOT a PvP (Player vs. Player) server. In other words, it's a standard ‘blue' server with the same rules and features regarding PvP as the vast majority of our servers.

· Beneficial buff spells will not work on characters 20 levels lower than the caster.

· Very few items will be No-Drop. Exceptions will include things such as newbie notes and epic weapons.

· Language skills will improve only through group chat in the same zone and from /say.

· Languages will only improve 1 point each hour and will be capped at level*5+5 skill points.

· Common will not exist. A Human language will be added and only made easily available to certain races.

· Maximum of characters per account is now the same as all other servers: 8 characters. You may have 2 addition character slots if you sign up for All Access and add this feature, and you can also buy up to 3 additional character slots each via both the Marketplace and the Loyalty Vendor in the Plane of Knowledge.

· The Trivial Loot Code will be in effect in all zones.

· Bind Affinity will be restricted for all characters to locations where melee characters can bind on other servers.

· /emote will be language specific

· All characters will be /roleplay.

Trivial loot code
    Briefly, the Trivial Loot Code works like this: If a character kills an NPC and that NPC does not give them experience, then the Trivial Loot Code takes effect. If any member of a group does not get experience for a kill, the Trivial Loot Code will take effect. The Trivial Loot Code prevents magical, lore and no-drop items from appearing on the corpse. Normal items and coins will appear on the corpse in all cases as usual.
    Leatherneck likes this.
  9. Trajet D'Or Augur

No /ooc, no common language, 50% XP bonus and little is No Trade.
    Leatherneck likes this.
  10. Gannen Elder

that list was cut and paste from SOE (right off their online knowledge base)... and they said it was updated september 2012... still, it's better than not having any idea at all...
  11. Trajet D'Or Augur

Yes, that's why I also crossed out the word knowledge.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  12. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

No. And I never said I did. Frankly, I made mention of "Normal" gear, not high end raid loots.

While there are bound to be exceptions, non-top tier gear I was looking at was higher. When I transferred from Tunare I had been looking at gear for the next tier. Without exception, the gear on FV was higher. But all that aside, I wasn't griping. I wasn't complaining. I was asking specifically about strategies for dealing with it. So no, I don't think it's fair to say I expected anything.

@Gannen & Trajet, thanks. I'd seen that before I transferred, but later found much of that information to be incorrect. Thanks for helping separate the inaccurate from the accurate.
  13. Trajet D'Or Augur

As for the OP if Defiant is really expensive, you're a new player and you're able to kill mobs that drop Defiant you should be able to profit from the situation. If you search /barter you can find other "overpriced" items.

In terms of raid gear there is no guild that does current raids to supply the Bazaar. They do those raids to gear their characters with items they upgrade often going to other guild members or alts. Some items from FV raids do appear in Bazaar when a player sells off some or even occasionally all of their items.

Most raid gear in the Bazaar was initially looted on other servers and it's not unusual for FV raiders to purchase those items, with Rebellion Chits (T2 raid currency) being effectively turned into T4 raid gear thanks to the FV ruleset.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

what is the strategy for new or returning players and surviving that sort of economy?
    if you just kill and wear what drops from your group drops you should be ok.

I would see what you could farm AC augs and clickys and sell in the baz. Become an expert in an old zone for the drops that sell in the bazaar.

Do the normal gem farming for PP. But spend wisely. sounds like pp is king on that server.
    I would see the buy low and sell high in the baz to gather PP to gear your toon.

Decide if your toon should take the time to tradeskill to make stuff to sell or wear. or just farm the parts and pay some one to make the items.

Does FV have open raids? Have you thought of leading open raids?
    Find a guild and EXP.

happy hunting
  15. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

@Trajet I just broke down and bought my cleric a set of Consigned Defiant from the marketplace, so good till...eh..70-ish I suppose. And it makes sense that raiders are raiding to get gear to use, not sell. I haven't played for many years, but I do remember that being the point of raiding when I was doing it.

@CrazyLarth - That's sort of the type of stuff I was looking for.

I quit playing for a long stretch, and I wouldn't trust a raid led by me, frankly. All the raid content I know is quite old and probably doesn't need a raid to handle it anymore.

Maybe because the forums are rife with complaints so people are reading this thinking I'm griping, or maybe I'm not explaining myself well. I'm trying to find out things like "What sells well on FV". "What tradeskills are in demand on FV", etc.
  16. Trajet D'Or Augur

Sunshard Ore - Powersources
    Gargoyle Eye and Permafrost Crystals - Oriaas Nosturm (AC Drink)
    Cragbeast Meat, Frost Giant Meat, Darkhollow Basilisk Meat, Minotaur Meat, Treant Heart, Hobgoblin Meat, Mammoth Meat, Three Oak Acorn - Quarken Xired's Timeless Trail Rations (AC Food)
    Chunk of E'cian Ice, Clockwork Grease, Primordial Driftwood Bow Staff and Slarghilug Kelp Strands - Primordial Driftwood Compound Bow (50k Tribute)

Those would be the main tradeskills items in demand you can farm under Level 80. Three Oak Acorn you can forage at Level 1. Mistmoore Gargoyles, Permafrost Goblins and ground spawns and Everfrost Mammoths you can hunt around Level 20. By Level 70 you can hunt for all the drops, by Level 80 hunting for any of the drops provides no or little XP, big part of why they are in demand.
  17. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

OMG, thanks. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

And now I'll be in the corner kicking myself for vendoring stacks of Sunshard Ores.
  18. Laronk Augur

Leatherneck, if you need any help on FV send me a tell and i'd be happy to help you out. (I am sure Dalmoth would also but she's a corpse)

My in game name is Laronk
  19. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

I appreciate the offer. Thanks.