Whats the class of the day??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Micker, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Xikteny Augur

lol
  2. Caziku Lorekeeper

I second that lol!
  3. Triconix Augur

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you're looking to raid, good warriors and clerics are the most sought after classes the game has to offer, period. Once you're good, you can get into pretty much any guild, whether the class is closed or not. ANd if the player has more than 3 brain cells in their head, they'd take these people over a merc or pet tank any time of the day.

If you looking strictly for soloing/dps yeah sure then melee dps, tanks, and healers are "neglected" as you would say. However, I can accomplish a lot more with a functioning tank and healer and a few mercs than a soloing mage or necro can with their merc and pets and it's not even close. The next time you can find a pet that can hold off 10 mobs while the mage/necro kills them down with pretty much little effort, let me know because I'd love to meet that mage/necro. Necros don't have enough burst to blow through that many mobs in a quick enough time frame. Mages may, but then don't have the CC (and neither do necros). Plus their pets would be smashed by that many mobs.

I prefer to do other things besides mind-numbing grinding which is pretty much the only thing soloers can do. Mages/necros are the new rangers in a way where they're glorified PL bots for casuals or the everyday player. They cannot do the things I look to do. Simple as that. I prefer to be in a group settings. Once in a good group with people you trust, you find that group content is a walk in the park and you're pretty much unstoppable killing at a rate probably close to 10 times greater than a soloer. Plus it's a thousand times more fun/enjoyable than sitting there by yourself, imho.
    Sancus and Mayfaire like this.
  4. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Since the OP asked what the class of the day is and today is a new day I am changing my original statement from ranger to cleric. Stay tuned as tomorrow is a new day and the class of the day may change in my opinion.....
    Iulanu, Sancus and Mayfaire like this.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

Well, first of all, the "neglected" classes depends on the expansion. Chanters were very neglected, then along came TDS and TBM and put them right back into the game. SK's were gods for a long time, but right now they definitely could use a little dev loving. Mages are currently suffering after a year of nerfs.

"Tanks are barely played"? Really? That's news to me and the many tanks I know, lol. :) Playing a warrior is literally the only class that I truly love, and yes I have an alt mage, chanter and wizzie. They exist to serve the warrior's needs and nothing more. ;)
    RPoo and Sancus like this.