What would it be like to start on Mischief?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by varyk04, May 2, 2024.

1. varyk04 New Member

Hello everyone!

I'm a long-ago EQ player, and still don't know much of the game past maybe GoD. I've recently returned and dabbled some in Oakwynd. I met a few boxers and decided to look into it more. I love the idea of boxing, especially with my current schedule and life circumstances.

The idea of Teek's rulesets sounds super enticing, and it's my understanding that Mischief has similar rules in regards to loot. Since there doesn't seem to be boxing allowed (at least not boxing that I can feasibly accomplish) in these upcoming TLPs, I was considering starting up on Mischief so that I can box on a single PC and at least experience the loot rule hype.

What would the experience be like to take 3-6 chars fresh in Mischief?
  2. Lineater Augur

Good time to try it out. 50% xp bonus running through Monday 5/6. Also a new expac (VoA) just dropped a week ago so activity is up.

Low levels will be pretty lonely but sounds like you plan on playing by yourself a lot anyway. Getting to 60ish will be a breeze with a tank merc. I'd recommend boxing less than 6 at first so you can at least run a tank merc to carry you. You can PL more classes later if you wanna box a full group.

It's still a popular server. It'll take a hit when Teek launches, but should have the legs to go the distance with a relatively healthy pop. You'll have a long AA grind ahead of you to catch up, but with VoA unlock you'll get autogranted up to SoF and there's a catchup mechanic for AA xp if you're below a certain threshold, so it shouldn't be too painful. You also gain AA's faster at this point in the game, and you have lesson of the devoted (30 minute 100%xp bonus on a 15 hour CD). If you want to join a guild there are plenty still active and recruiting. Most will be happy to have you even if you don't plan to raid.

There's nothing like a new server launch though. Good chance you'll end up on Teek. :p Another option is to roll a box crew on Vaniki. You can mess around and go for some of the rewards that you can then claim on Teek (or Mischief if you decide to go there).