What QOL things would you like to see added to EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I couldn't remember that one but I did find it in the patch notes on ZAM

April 12, 2005
    ------------------------------

*** Headlines ***
    ------------------------------------
    - A new button has been added to character select: Return Home. If a character
    has not been played in the past 6 hours, this button is enabled and pressing it
    will log the character into the game in their starting city.
    Tatanka likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

GoD was early 2004 (Feb 10th) and OoW was late 2004 (Sep 14th) Origin was added with OoW and wsa later tied to classic EQ
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks all for the EQ Origin history refresher!

Reinforces my guess that I never got in the habit of using it, since it wasn't a thing when I was low level.

Now, ever char I have has a primary and secondary anchor, and between that and Throne of Heroes, I don't really ever have a need for Origin.

When was Loyalty and associated vendors added? I'm guessing SoF-era. So, I guess those wouldn't be available on TLPs, either.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Checks out from the Lucy data, I got the right year at least :p
  5. Atomos Augur

Add a way to bring up the advanced loot filters for an item when you click the link. A fast way, for example, CTRL+Right clicking an item link. Or maybe simply add advanced loot filter settings directly to item tooltips?
  6. Atomos Augur

Let us see the mana bar of our target.
    KarmaKitty and Bobbybick like this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Ammo stack to 1k.. honest to god, it is time
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

and summon 1000 at a time too. :)
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

/weave command similar to melody but for casters.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

For casters that get both Invis and IVU, a combine spell - particularly if we are going to keep with the theme of mixing undead and live mobs.
    Skuz, Ozon, Gyurika Godofwar and 4 others like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

on the subject of invis.

It is about time beasts who get a targetted Invis AA finally got a group invis. :) Along with any other classes with the same.
    Skuz and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would like to work on getting every class some form of self invis besides potions as there are still a few that have to depend on others or expendable items/rare items for invis.
    Skuz and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Stymie Pendragon

If you have a programmable keyboard you can do this already. Setup a keybind in-game and a keypress that has been setup as a repeater until pressed again. Hit it once at the start of the fight and again after the mob dies or you need to do something else.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Doesn't work for a client in the background though.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Still ties you up and prevents you from doing other things. One of the nice things about melody is it actually frees up the player to do something besides mash keys either manually or with a programable keyboard.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I'd like to see /enable Discswap

When enabled trying to activate any discipline will automatically overwrite a current active discipline.