What is your wizard dps burn

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Damascus, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Gladare Augur

Should be using Kerafyrm
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Improved if you have a bard, Kerafyrm if not.
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

With all three ranks of Kerafyrm AA, I now use it over improved familiar even with a bard. Maxxed kerafyrm is 30-60% so it has a higher average (45%) than rk3 bard aria (43%).
  4. Forcallen Augur

46% increase in spell power, pocket bard thats better than a bard, EC, whats next even more dps AA for imaginary issues ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Reht
    Reht likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I missed that increase, I don't feel so bad now when I kept Kera up with a bard in the group :)
  6. zomb54 Lorekeeper

Jeebus. How many AA's does it take to get to Kerafyrm? 3 x 5 x 9 is 135 for the base. Another 25 or so after that is 160. I think my casual playing self will just stick with the improved familiar that also enchances my casting level by 9 and gives me much less resists.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The Crit damage bonus on the Improved Familiar is better than the extra 3% focus you get on Kerafrym's over the Bard song in a raw 1 vs. 1 situation, however there are certain situations where it will not be:

Situations where Improved is not better:
    • When burning, as the crit damage mod will do nothing if you have Second Spire or PD or Intensity running, or any other crit damage mod higher than Improved.
    • If you have a Druid casting Black Wolf on you. Improved Familiar prevents Black Wolf from landing, and Black Wolf is way better. (I asked Elidroth to change the conflicting slot on Improved to allow them to stack, he seemed open to it, so hopefully this will happen with the SoF content release).
    Situations where Improved is better:
    • When you have no other short term AAs or spells running.
    For "best" damage you should switch between the two, but there really isn't a huge amount of benefit to it. You're looking at ~1k damage per spell on average more damage which really isn't that much these days.