What is your favorite part of the VP key quest?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

I'm just curious. What part of the VP key quest is your favorite?

1. Dog piling in Swamp Of No Hope clicking the screen for hours on end with a dozen other people that you either don't know or don't want to know
    2. Sitting in Trakanon's Teeth at the camp just outside of Old Sebilis killing the same place holder over and over for hours only to have someone rush in at the last second and take the key mob
    3. Swimming around the bottom on of Lake of Ill Omen killing stuff because who doesn't LOVE water combat!!! Right?! Right!!! RIGHT!!!!?!?@???1!
    4. Wondering around Firiona Vie looking for a stupid rare mob for many hours only to watch a bard run by at light speed and get it as it spawns
    5. Reading the books in the library in Kaesora for hours on end because why the hell not
    6. or some other fun filled event
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

7. Playing on Agnarr where this is no longer an issue.
    discordkitty likes this.
  3. Slustdog New Member

8. Watching people that won't be in VP till Luclin keying up now.
  4. Wiff Elder

9. Never trying to get the key because there are tons of other things to do that are actually fun.
    discordkitty likes this.
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

10. Why do people think raiding Kunark will be fun? Kunark was designed to be hard as hell, which in 2000 meant including a lot of tedium. The VP key quest is annoying even without the competition. I've never understood the desire to raid that era. Loot-wise, you've got some caster clickies with insanely long cast times, maybe a few pieces with some longevity (e.g., the suede boots, the azure robe of the sky), and if your toons have their epics then there's a couple toys and the only real upgrade is getting rogues an offhand.
    discordkitty likes this.
  6. dontbanmebro New Member

Pounding out 92 mins worth of EQ gems waiting for the bag to spawn.
    ExoticCheese likes this.
  7. Clonkers Lorekeeper

Clicking the swamp of no hope bag with literally no other person around. Walking up to pained soul camp and seeing him up waiting for me with no-one nearby. Having Ancient Jarsath spawn 20m away directly in front of me. Killing only 1 PH at rotten skeleton before getting 2 skeles back to back. Swimming to bloodgill on a whim and seeing no-one there only having to wait 10 minutes before collect my medal.

Did I do it right?
    discordkitty likes this.
  8. Rovell Elder

Finishing the quest.
    Risiko likes this.
  9. Ryak Augur

Hold on, there. This IS still kunark we are talking about. I'm going to need to see this list of tons of other fun things to do.

(1) Level to 60
    (2) Trakanon! (once a week anyways)
    (3) Umm...mark off days on Velious countdown timer
    (4) Hoo Boy i'm coming up short here.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  10. dontbanmebro New Member

My favorite part of the VP quest was the GM intervention at the swamp of no hope.

[IMG]
  11. Punchu Augur

Black Ravagers in SONH was the highlight of the VP key for me.
  12. Catashe Augur

and just gotta remember sooner or later the VT key will be next.. not AS bad as VP but gets there
  13. skkoris New Member

14. Aynling New Member

IDK probably most people just won't ever get it. In classic/kunark raiding the content is the reward.
  15. KateL7 Lorekeeper

VP key was fun for me, but I did it when there was no competition. Also I multiboxed so none of it was too hard.
  16. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

My favorite thing about it is never doing it again for the rest of my life
    Risiko likes this.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Until the instanced sleeper/combine rules server comes out
  18. Barathrum Augur

Oh look the cry babies of the world are at it again! My favorite part is being in TSS and not apart of the RMT garbage server! Notice to the EMO kids on Cornaiv.... No one cares about you or your sad little RMT server! I know there might be a few decent guilds and a few decent people on that server... but lets just be real your a RMT EMO back water server that will die before you ever see the light of OOW. Please just stop making these threads because honestly after watching Agnarr cry like dogs... I dont want another repeat... So when Velious comes out S.T.F.U. about waking the sleeper! S.t.f.u. about Luclin and how hard VT Keying is / S.t.f.u. about the warders DTing! Please just the S.T.F.U. and play the game End morning rant have a great day
    PathToEternity likes this.