What is your controversial EQ hot take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Lingum Elder

I should be able to log in and have a UI that isn't an unusable white screen for the last several months. I basically just log in and claim my monthly 500 and am unable to do anything else.
    Nennius and Mikana like this.
  2. Alarya Augur

hmm that sounds like a you problem, I haven't seen anything like that after the change. My UI would flash in the beginning, but they have since fixed that.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have been seeing reports of people having UI issues like that after the most recent patch.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yea but his claim is "for the last several months".
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure, but just because the issue was fixed for some doesn't mean it is fixed for all.
  6. Adaire Lorekeeper

Swarm Pets and Procs should be removed from the game entirely. Rework the missing dps from procs as straight spell improvements and aa improvements. It will simplify the math and cut down on lag and anger...
    Alarya likes this.
  7. Alarya Augur

I like this idea, but then it takes away from a player who does the work to get those bumps from procs on their dps.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  8. Cadira Augur

I mean kinda, but they already have gotten use from the procs. If they gave them more time to stagnate that makes sense but they should prob slowly do away with most procs.
  9. josh Augur

Lot of takes that aren't so hot in here. Mine is, player cast stuns are bad and should be removed from the game entirely. They make whatever they are used against completely trivial, which means for the most part they only work against stuff that is already trivial. A tool that makes trivial content even more trivial is just pointless. They are either far too powerful or completely useless and are just bad game design.

Other games get around this with stun resistance, the more you stun something the shorter future stuns will be on that mob.
  10. Alarya Augur

Any new hot takes after the drop of LS!?!
  11. Kaelwyse Journeyman

Hot take #1: Group buffs should be infinite duration while grouped with the caster. While not grouped, they should have a short duration (e.g. 5 minutes).

Hot take #2: The primary difficulty of raiding is organizational. A core of competent players can carry a lot of average or below players. And yet this is how you get the best gear in the game. Instead, the best gear should generally be obtained through very difficult group content, where every player has to play skillfully and carry their weight.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Most of EQ2's group buffs are infinite while grouped with the caster but only last while grouped with the caster.

In EQ, you could consider most of the bard buffs infinite while grouped with the bard that has them in a /melody and a few, via AA, actually last a few minutes even if you leave the group.
  13. Kaelwyse Journeyman

Huh. I've never played EQ2. I guess that take was only luke-warm.
    Alarya likes this.
  14. jeskola pheerie

Throwback to Holly "casuals shouldn't get to see Naggy"
    Alarya likes this.
  15. Tuco Augur

One feature I love in games is when they intersperse individual demands on players in raiding or grouping, especially when that player's failure simply results in embarrasment rather than failure of a raid.

A good example of this is the Benediction and Rhok'delar items where you get a raid drop and then have to complete a quest that requires you operate in a solo capacity. There are lots of stories of the deadweight players you're referring to needing other players in their guild to actually log into their accounts to do the event.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Benediction quest: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Balance_of_Light_and_Shadow_(quest)

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Rhok'delar,_Longbow_of_the_Ancient_Keepers quest: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Stave_of_the_Ancients
    Alarya, KushallaFV and Hobs like this.
  16. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

The ugly races should just be deleted.
    Alarya likes this.
  17. Aablan New Member

They should wipe every server and turn each one into progression locked servers (beat the content to advance) with whatever ruleset each currently has.:D
    Alarya likes this.
  18. Alarya Augur

Yes! Delete all gnomes!
  19. jeskola pheerie

Block all 3rd party apps, no exceptions, and merge the remaining players onto one server.
    Bobbybick, FranktheBank and Petalonyx like this.
  20. fransisco Augur

This. Too much content is focused on raiding.
    Not saying raiders shouldn't get content, but there is a limited amount of dev time. Far too much of that is for raiding content than group missions and other stuff.
    Kyzvs, Petalonyx and Velisaris_MS like this.