what is wrong with this bard macro?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by svann, Sep 27, 2015.

1. svann Augur

I have a macro that goes like this
    /pause 1, /stopsong
    /cast 7
    Its supposed to stop melody and cast requiem. Sometimes it works and sometimes it just stops melody. What it actually does is it seems to restart the song that had been playing in the melody then stop it, and never starts requiem. Playing with it, it seems to misfunction when I try to hit it right at the end of a song or just after it ends. I tried increasing the pause and I tried removing the pause but it doesnt fix it. So I have to hit it again. Its an annoyance. Any way to make this smoother?
  2. Brohg Augur

/stopsong
    /melody 7
  3. svann Augur

Thanks. Yea that does work. I guess i just got in the habit of using /cast for single songs and forgot you can use melody for that too.
  4. svann Augur

I guess I spoke too soon. It seemed to be working when I used it with another song but when I got to killing stuff and used it with requiem it is still not right. Tried it with a training dummy and same thing. Its when I try to switch to requiem right at the end of another song.
  5. Rhaage Augur

I remember reading in the "care and feeding of heroic bards" post that some songs crash a melody (or at least appear to) It appears to be the Arias, Songs of Suffering and Crescendos. It doesn't mention any issues with Requiem but it might be worth testing if this fail only happens after certain songs in your normal melody.
  6. Viper1 Augur

I notice this behavior whenever using /stopsong, regardless of song or melody. I don't think there is a workaround.
  7. Brohg Augur

8. svann Augur

Thats interesting, but Im not sure the slow ever gets as good as requiem (55%). Eqresource and eqraidloot have Dreadstone Minstrel's Rapier as only 25%, and the raid version Possessed Dreadstone Minstrel's Rapier at 35%. Allakhazam says the raid version is 55%, but thats alla. Could anyone that knows for sure tell me which is right?
  9. Nniki Augur

Requiem of Time = 55%
    Energy Sap = 35%
    Drowsy = 25%

I personally just use Energy Sap unless I'm tanking named in T3 TDS or soloing stuff that hits harder. Saves a song slot. Great bard clicky. I haven't paid attention lately, but in the past a lot of mobs mitigated slow as well.

And yes, /stopsong can be finicky at times.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Try using two lines of /stopsong before using your /cast piece. Sometimes that works.

Or, could just be the song. Some songs are weird.
  11. Traevanon New Member

Have you tried pause 3? Lag can make short pauses ineffective.
  12. fransisco Augur

Due to the way slow is mitigated, the difference between slows are rather small.
    At 50% mitigation (i think thats regular mobs), the 3 abilities are
    12.5%
    17.5%
    27.5%
    Group named mitigate at a much higher percentage than 50% as well.