what is the scoop on scuffed bags?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Goth Augur

What is the drop information on these? I know they came out long ago and was wondering what the drop rate is for them.

Is it all named that have a small chance to drop? does the chance go up the higher the tier of named?
  2. Goth Augur

IE
    Scuffed Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Scuffed bags and boxes are tradeable duplicates of the heirloom bags and boxes that could be purchased from the Marketplace. They have a chance to drop from Named creatures only, from House of Thule or later expansions. Unsure of the drop rates.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Drop rates are very low. Back when there wasn't a good set of Hunter bags I farmed something like ~700 named kills in lower house and ended up with 4 bags total, none of them 32 slot. The 20 and 24's seem more common than the larger ones, too.

Side note: if you do CotF and TDS shinies and Hunter, it nets you a lot of great bags with unique icons that are generally going to better serve you than the scuffed, albeit they're not tradeable.
    Brohg and Mayfaire like this.
  5. Hayzeus Augur

Further to this, while you're doing the Hunter quests, there are many named that have unique satchels on their immediate drop table. So, not only do you get the Hunter bags (which are absolutely cool as Sheex has pointed out), you also get some very cool named bags dropping.

I know Sheex mentions CoTF and TDS, but RoF has many cool bags as well...

My favorite bag is the Skull Bag from KolKeks Old Bones (named skelly in Xorbb). Sure it's not as large as what's currently available... but come on... it's a SKULL!!!
    Sheex likes this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Agreed, it's even called something like Laughing Skull Cannister iirc? It's boss.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Kalken's Bloody Bones and the Laughing Skull Cannister. I know what I'm going to be camping now. I want to store all my weapons in the skull of my enemy.
    Sheex likes this.
  8. Hayzeus Augur

Yup, that's the one.. the skull cannister. Reminds me of the glazed ceramic skull that I used to keep in my scorpion tank. I buried the skull (which was hollow) just deep enough so that the skeletal toothed mouth was the opening to a cave/habitat for the scorpions to lurk in. I don't think I'll ever forget the day that the big male came crawling up out of the eye socket...

Oh yah, the cannister!!
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=107945

Depending on your class/race/level, you may need a group to hold down all 3 PHs, but if you excel at your class abilities, you should be fine (again... depending ON your class). Splitting and/or parking abilities suggested as several of the PHs will bring friends when pulled regardless of what you do. I think the PH in the pit at the bottom has at least 4 or 5 other mobs in the room with him. The 1st PH has a single add in the room across the hall. The middle PH has at least one wanderer that will add if you don't deal with it.
  9. beryon Augur

Kalken's Bloody Bones and the Laughing Skull Canister would be a great name for a rock band. Also, the thread title inspired this:

[IMG]
    Mayfaire likes this.
  10. Goth Augur

The TDS and CotF collection quest bags are bags that can hold anything right?

i am guessing so as the lore is "For the preservation of 'all' the things"
  11. Bigstomp Augur

If I remember right VoA raids were pretty decent about dropping scuffed bags. Since we moved on from VoA I don't recall any dropping in raid chests.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yeah, Hoarder's Cache and such, but the master get all shinies in the expansion bags are big, unique and hold all normal items.