What is the difference between a 15 delay tossie and a 24 delay bow ?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by shortbowman, Dec 7, 2012.

1. shortbowman New Member

I have a box shaman so i have haste, plus a 10% over haste, 30% quiver haste, max trickshot.

It almost looks like the throwing item is giving me more hits a minute, but i didnt think that it got quiver bonuses or haste or anyhing .
  2. shiftie Augur

are you counting with an abacus and a stopwatch as you watch the player bow animation?

If not dl gamparse and it will tell you your total attempts with each in X time frame.
  3. doktartp Augur

Snideness aside, I am also curious as well.
    No, i do not want to go farm random throwy items to start parsing if the knowledge is there. Its the lazy jerk in me.

Never seen posts about throwing items in a long time so mu memory is hazey so cant offer any real input.
  4. Izcurly Augur

Comparing the items is easy. What I don't know about is how quiver haste works and if it applies to throwies. Ditto for trickshot. Or any other bow/arrow specifics...I'm not a ranger.

But bottom line, empirical testing (read: parsing) really is the fastest way to get the actual answer. You don't have to do any other math and you don't have to answer the underlying how-does-it-work questions. You just get the answer.

Of course, once you HAVE the answer, you can work backwards to see if you can figure out the math that got you there.
  5. Gladare Augur

Real rangers use a bow. Headshotting is an afterthought. My throwing skill is a big fat goose egg.
  6. Autolycus New Member

I got to 95 today and pulled my Belt of Mysterious Daggers from the bank to see how they compare to my Bow speed for to Headshot the same mobs I've been grinding for 2 levels. Nothing ever died to HS from normal throws. Has there been a change? I have the summoned daggers in my ammo and ranged slots. They are hitting. The mobs WILL die to HS if I switch to my bow and arrow. My skill was 10 when I started and is now 385 (max for 95) and STILL I can not headshot a single thing with a normal autoshot.. EQ Wiki says thrown works for HS. EQ Outrider even recommended this belt as obviously it worked before... if it still works for anyone can you please offer an idea as to why it does not work for me at all?