What is LaunchPad doing when you click PLAY?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Axxius, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Axxius Augur

This started about a month ago, I think. Definitely before the domain/DNS incident.

I have a VERY fast pc and internet, so when I start EQ, the LaunchPad appears instantly, takes a couple sec to get the news and check for updates, then the PLAY button goes green. I click it, it turns into PLAYING and launches the game.

How it used to work: when I click PLAY, the game client appears within 1-2 seconds showing the server select screen, and it has the input focus, so I press Enter and it proceeds to the character select, etc.

How it works now: when I click PLAY, there is a long 10-15 sec pause when nothing happens, then the game client finally appears and shows the server select screen, but its window does not have the input focus. I have to click on it to make it the active window, and then click again to enter the server.

What is LaunchPad or EQ client doing after I click PLAY before launching the game? The fact that EQ client shows up without the input focus indicates that some other application is launched before it or by it. I've checked for viruses, but there are none, and this is happening on multiple pc's.

Whatever is going on, that 10-15 sec delay is driving me nuts. Please get rid of it. Thank you.
  2. Evlomir New Member

mine doesnt even get that far...launcher loads and runs fine but when i click play and tries to go to server select screen it acts as though ive hit the minimize screen button and wont let me bring it back up...been doing this since yesterday...ive been playing on this laptop for some time and i was being told it was my vid card drivers.....and i know its not cause i have several other games on here that load and run just fine and dont minimize themselves....im ready to give up trying