What Has Been Your Favorite EverQuest Zone?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roshen, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Brosa Augur

Grieg's End is at the top of my list. Followed closely by City of Myst and Wall of Slaughter
    Mykaylla likes this.
  2. Norathorr Augur

All of Velious. PoTactics (did alternate access to escape BoT groups before I got raid flag) Solro Tower. Elemental planes, so much diversity in those zones! Inktu'ta was a blast. Demi Plane, Solteris.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Old Sebillis brings back so many memories. I hit 60 there, lots of space for lots of camps, harder as you go in, lots of different levels.

I also liked the idea of Convorteum, as far as newer zones go. An upside down pyramid, being held up by that arm, lots of levels... I always enjoyed at least the look and feel of the zone.
  4. Geroblue Augur

Glooming Deep, CR, Blight Fire. The giants in The Rathe Mountains. POK, GL, Baz. I don't have just one fave zone.
  5. sinderkad Augur

I have a long list but ill give one of my odd ones. Highkeep: This was the first place i could farm back in 2001ish as a new player trying to farm up plat for my first big ticket item from the bazaar. I could lock the guards down in that zone and felt like i was finally getting up to the big leagues. Much fun was had competing with other players trying to break into my camp to farm those steel swords worth 5pp each. I think i made 1K+ a hour, which was amazing to me at the time.
  6. Annastasya Augur

Solteris. Just no other zone like it, really feels like an alien realm.

Shout outs to Planes of Hate,Fear,Growth,Sky and Water.
    Upper Guk, Kedge Keep, Blackfeather Roost, Rubak, and pretty much all of the Kunark Dungeons.
  7. Harabakc Augur

Temple of Veeshan.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Grouping & soloing: City of Mist, Kaesora, Skyshrine, Veksar. Some great crawls and camps, lots of time spent and nostalgic memories.
    Raiding: Temple of Veeshan, Plane of Time. Lots of content and nostalgic time spent there.
  9. Pwnography Augur

Greater Faydark and how well it tied into Crushbone, with the outside area and belt quest and all. I felt like such a badass getting up to the orcs. Kelethin had a beautiful layout as well. Probably still my favorite location.

If I had to choose nostalgic but higher zones, it'd be Karnors Castle or Chardok. Old Seb is right up there in memories as well, especially at the phat lewtz beetle camp with the gems where we made all our platinum back in the day.
  10. Edrick Augur

There are too many to list. Honestly. I've spent half my life playing this game. I would have to write an essay to accurately give respect to all the zones I've played in and loved. Although I'll mention one that doesn't seem to be like the rest listed...

Freeport. All three zones really, but it was such a great city. Yes, I am talking about the real Freeport, not the ugly abomination we have today that should be deleted and erased from history. It was my home. I spent many hours in North Freeport (I'm a Knight of Truth, it's my home turf) at the bank, talking to friends. Going back to Valeron Dushire to learn skills when I hit the right level, and to the correct spell merchants when I finally hit a new spell level. I had the best faction with merchants there, so that is where I would sell all the loot I had. It was where I started my quest to kill Sir Lucan for abandoning the Hall of Truth, which led me to getting the Brilliant Sword of Faith, then the Soulfire, then the Fiery Avenger. I tradeskilled there and made banded armor, taking each component from my bag for every single piece, without the tradeskill window we're all used to today. I'd even sit Tassel's Tavern, or the Jade Tiger Inn to rest at the end of the day in a roleplay sense.

It was home.

The only city zones I feel that come close to old Freeport that still exist are Felwithe and Qeynos.
    Denial_Sinfae likes this.
  11. Rorce Augur

Plane of Time, probably because it was my first raid zone. I'll always enjoy going back to that zone, and really most of the more popular PoP zones where I leveled up at.

Morell's Castle is one of my favorite zones as well. The zone art was nice, the zone population was nice, and it just felt like a really fun zone.
  12. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Plane of Time, Demi and Solteris are perhaps my favorite raid zones of all time. Although I will always have a deep love for the elemental planes and the challenges they posed for my guild way back when.

Kedge Keep will always hold a special place in my heart. I love that zone that so many hate. Riftseekers sanctum was always fun as well.

There are so many zones I love, I could go on for hours. Yet, the planes of power will always be seen as glory days for me. Thanks for the nostalgia, it gives me the urge to go play around and "pop flag".
  13. Uuvin Augur

So many memories.
    Oasis where I first learned how to pull mobs for my group in 1999 on my ranger. estate of unrest where I learned how to pull inside a building and requiring magic weapons. The overthere and Dreadlands where I learned the power of an enchanter. Sebilis and velks lab where I learned how important yet versatile a cleric is for a group. Lake of ill omen and city of mist where I learned how to solo on a Rogue. Then came level 70 and up and how difficult everything became again.

My favorite must be Mech guardian. It was wonderfully packed and allowed me to learn varying ways to get things done on a variety of classes. with many names, levels, quests all in one zone. Fortress Mehanotus was similar and a close 2nd. So much to learn and do and experience.

Other zones were also enjoyable for similar reasons. The rest of SoF and all of SoD as well. Underfoot and house of thule. After hot it started to become routine and repetitive.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Carel Da Bard Journeyman

I agree 100% Chardok was the zone that tested everyone. I can't think of a zone I like more.
  15. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

Another vote for Old Sebilis. Where I learned how powerful enchanters really were. Still have my Froglok Bonecaster robe somewhere. AE groups were my all time favorite there.. talk about some risk vs. reward. Trakanon's Teeth used to be my bind point for quite some time. Honorable mentions Velketor's Labyrinth, Chardok and Veksar. My favorite charm solo spot has to be Crystallos, revamped PoHate coming in second.
  16. Aanluil New Member

Kedge Keep (original EQ) before enduring breath gear was easily available was one of the most amazing zones to explore. It has beautiful three dimensional scenery. The journey to reach it through Dagnor's Caudron was interesting. It was also refreshing that Kedge Keep has a light atmosphere compared to the decaying/grey/dingy/claustrophobic/negative/apocalyptic/dark atmosphere of much of the subsequent expansions in EQ (and the other slightly higher level dungeons at the time, LGuk and SolB.)

It was also a fun zone because it required a good mix of tactics, strategy, planning, and coordination for an appropriate level group (e.g. high 30s/low 40s at the time) such as:
    - buff management (and keeping stocked on fish scales)
    - learning to pull in three dimensions
    - managing the real risk of adds (e.g. wandering swordfish with large social range)
    - critical to control fleeing mobs with snare or root
    - the need to start at the entrance and systematically and carefully work your way through the dungeon
    - good for a group because people needed stuff for epic 1.0
    - great place to learn situational awareness
    - always the risk of large pulls so crowd control was required
    - has an interesting looking boss mob
    - you could fully explore the zone in an hour or two with a decent group
  17. Oogabooga Journeyman

This might sound crazy to many people, but... Underquarry. Tight spaces, high mob density, scattering of SI mobs - for a group of its Intended level, it was quite challenging and lots of fun. My favorite zone of the SoF+ Expansions by far.
  18. Leerah Augur

I like pretty. Fungal forest, Stone Hive, Kernagir City, Sanctus Seru, that part of Direwinds (?) that has the fairies and the weeping willows. Honorable mention to Skyshrine.

Now, ask where we spent the most time.
  19. Aldryn Another New Member

Present-day, I'd have to give my vote to Plane of War (seriously) for the looks, feel and challenge.

For everything before that, the list is near endless. I loved Plane of Time for the music (loved jammin' out to potime.mp3!). I really liked the "noble" feel and look to City of Dranik. I'm a fan of Everfrost, Halas and the original Blackburrow because they were the only three zones I was man enough to venture out into with my first-ever toon (Barbarian Shaman). I eventually really liked Highkeep, Kithicor Forest and the Karanas as well. Places like Temple of Veeshan, Hate, Fear and Sky are pretty epic for the nostalgia/old school feels.

The size and "density" of Katta Castrum always impressed me, and the "end gamey" look and feel to Solteris was awesome as well. I spent a huge chunk of time in Plane of Fire so I grew attached to that pretty easily, and I was always a fan of the artwork and design/feel to places like Resplendent Temple, Asylum of Anguish, Arcstone/Relic/Skylance, Valdeholm, Frostcrypt, Pillars of Alra and Plane of Shadow.

And just because I'll catch Hell for it, nothing beats Shar Vahl!
  20. Kelefane Augur