What happens to lower level items, mobs, quests, etc?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sostenes, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Sostenes Augur

Not certain if this has been asked, but, come tomorrow, when everyone will have the chance to become a level 85 character.

Will this just render the first 14 to 15 expansions obsolete? i.e. who would want to do epic 1.0? 1.5 or even 2.0 with a heroic character?

What is the use for anything (weapons, armor or spells) below level 85?

I am not complaining, I am just genuinely curious of what the future of all that dead space will be (old zones were dead as it was already, zone in after zone in where I was the only toon in the entire zone), perhaps level 85 can be the new level 1? Clean out the first ten years of content and start adding level 85+ tasks?

Is any of the EQ2 stuff compatible to EQ? Maybe merge some of that content in to EQ? Idk lol

Sostenes
  2. Tharrg Augur

Clickies....... and Augs..... They will still be needed. Also not every one will go the Heroic character route and not everyone will pay for all their alts to be converted. What people fear is change, so I think we may be surprised at how little anything actually changes.
    Feradach likes this.
  3. Feradach Augur

Not every new character will be heroic. We only get one per account for free, and that's just for a limited time. After that they're 3500SC each.

There will still be new level 1s. No doubt about it.
    Tharrg likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep, I certainly will. :)
  5. Tweelis Augur

My take is this will get some old timers to come back and make one new 85 toon plus will add a bunch of low level toons to the game at the same time due to the $35 per HC. Three of my friends that quit forever ago have said they plan on coming back and checking things out; weather they do or not is yet to be seen though.

As for the old quests/mobs/zones/etc. they will continue to be a favorite for people like my family and I. Over the years I've taken several smallish breaks and whatnot. Until around Christmas I had no real experience from DoN through TSS and only did TBS for the hand aug. It's been a lot of fun for me to revisit those zones and see what there is to see; there's no way I'm alone.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Riou EQResource

That low level content is basically perma useless anyway, so heroic characters don't change that, you will still need to get your epics and stuff to look cool with epic ornaments, and some classes 2.0 is still good to basically required :p