What happened?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by YellowBelly, Nov 19, 2015.

1. YellowBelly Augur

A new expansion used to get a thread or two that would go into the thousands. This is pathetic.
  2. Wizdons Augur

I finally came up with an answer for you...

There are to many problems and TBM threads.. its not possible for a thread or two to go into the thousands when there are hundreds of threads..

that and the player base has probably dropped significantly due to those threads that went unanswered all the time.
    Morningdew likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

Old forum mods used to combine similar threads. Before they were let go.
    Morningdew likes this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) The game continues to shrink in overall size, with increasing speed the last 3 years ever since they started around with the expansion release cycle trying to break into pieces which DOES. NOT. WORK. for this game.
    2) They spent years destroying the forum community to the point there aren't many left.
  5. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

People think it is pointless to post on the forums because there are concerns are often totally ignored and when to many people post in the thread it gets closed.

in my opinion they have closed numerous threads for absolutely no reason except that they would not/could not give a actual response to them.

Easier to close a thread than to respond to it
    Morningdew, Caell and Iila like this.
  6. Wizdons Augur

man they are still doing this.. its like they dont want people to post here. then if you do god forbid you do it incorrectly or expect a response to an issue.

I have seen many people plea and put for lots of effort in posting how they feel about something for either no response, cheezy one line comments, or locking it down because its against some magical forum rules.
    roguerunner, Mesc, Morningdew and 2 others like this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've been playing this game for 16 years and posting my opinions on how SOE / Daybreak should do things. What is the point in beating a dead horse?

I've told them what I think would help. Some has met with their approval. Some has not. Most has been ignored. Even the stuff they approved of was mostly never done.

They've repeatedly said they would change. We see good things like the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker which we (I) have been begging for for years. Then we see things like The Broken Mirror with nothing from Daybreak explaining this train wreck.

The fact that The Broken Mirror was released on time despite being completely unready after Holly made a clear statement how it would be delayed if necessary just shows there is no point in bothering to say anything more. She also has yet to comment on this train wreck.

EQ has gone from slowly dying to bleeding out. Daybreak is holding the knife. I had hoped when SOE became Daybreak with a new owner and Smed gone that things might actually stop heading for the cliff. It didn't.

Good thing I don't care as much about EQ as I used to. They've used up my passion with their repeated "But we will change" garbage. But I really feel the need to log in and play just to hang out with my guildies. That's the only thing keeping me in the game. I will greatly miss it when it is gone for that reason.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Silv, Iila and 3 others like this.
  8. Morningdew Lorekeeper

Holly is too busy playing EQ2 and enjoying her cats in a bag.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.