What ever the ruleset of the new server we need this

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, Mar 18, 2022.

1. MMOer Augur

[IMG]

A decade of CB > Unrest > Lguk > Dargons > Kunark > Seb > Chardok > Dargons

Let us level fresh in kunark and have iksars at the start.

Is this not something we can all get behind?
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Why not start with Luclin, and get beastlords and Vah Shir from the start?
    Xhartor and Yinla like this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why not start with GoD and have Zerkers....oh wait...:eek:
    Xhartor, code-zero, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  4. Vindar Augur

No thanks, Luclin start a minimum.
  5. mark Augur

i dont like like lvl from lvl 1 to 60 when a tlp goes live so at least a month of classic but i prefer 3 months unlocks since i play on a new tlp every year.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Start with POP but level cap at 50. See how far you can get!
    Dre. likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TLP Standard Server A - Classic Start - 04 weeks classic then 8 weeks of Kunark & Velious together.
    TLP Standard Server B - Trilogy Start - 12 weeks of Classic, Kunark & Velious together.

Pair one of those with an "Alternative Ruleset" TLP each year maybe, rotating between A & B.
  8. Crabman Augur

but those are already alternate rulesets.

if they want to do another mangler + selo's then thats fine, but they saw how much more popular mangler was, so maybe instead of selo's there will be some alternate ruleset like you offered, or the rumored god launch
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The evolution of the standard has been a continuing process, small deivations each round of TLP have shaped that.
  10. Crabman Augur

Evolution? Mischief/TB is the first time the cadence pre-pop has been changed, and im sure it was largely tied to the fact that 20 items were dropping off every mob. Thats not an evolution of the standard, thats a one-off, alternate ruleset for the year.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ragefire to Phinigel, AoC & 12/8
    Phinigel to Mangler, removal of focii pre-Luclin, Progression XP instead of Classic XP
    Mangler to Mischief, LDoN shortened to 4 weeks

All of those were evolutionary changes to the "standard TLP" though you could perhaps argue Phinigel was the first "standard TLP" it was still born out of the things learned from Ragefire.
  12. Moforyguy Elder

Whatever the ruleset I'd totally be happy with a trilogy start or even Kunark start.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Crabman Augur

So I was talking about pre-pop cadence... 12 week each expac pre-pop, which the last 5 TLP's had before mischief, and you brought up one cadence change after pop, and three other things that have nothing to do with how long we stay in each expac.

If mischief is the new standard then by your logic, random and fv loot is here to stay. No going back because its now been changed.
  14. Arclyte Augur

3 months of classic really is a slog. I can see 6-8 weeks of classic being a good middle ground for everyone. A longer Kunark start would be good too.
  15. Ragnoruk Augur

I could definitely get behind this. Having Iksar and a bunch of extra zones to level in from the start would be amazing.
  16. Crabman Augur

I am probably one of the few who likes to have a few weeks of raid-logging before the next expac. My wife certainly likes that time as well. It allows me to catch up on IRL things I need to do. OP wants 6 months... thats way too much, but ive been really happy with the 3 month up til now. Now I found myself getting bored again in pop, 3rd time in a row, but now that we got here earlier i have 2 months to kinda just wait until the next time i can do classic. Again this post is purely my opinion but when i do happen to log in, it does look like lots less people than near the end of velious or luclin.
  17. Shakara Augur

I can get behind a Classic-Kunark start but I think 6 months is a little long. Both Classic and Kunark feel too long as 3 month releases on their own and with no lull between them people are going to consume all the content within 4 weeks and be looking at 5 months of Kunark basically which is going to be super unpopular. It would have a great initial 3 months but would be pretty dead after that. I think the Classic-Kunark launch would need to be shorted to 2-3 months.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

It's still the evolution of the standard, just because you only play Classic-PoP doesn't change the fact that certain tweaks and changes to the generic TLP ruleset have happened that exist beyond those expansions.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Crabman Augur

The original post I was talking about was literally only talking about classic - velious. How does what I play have anything to do with this "evolution" we are talking about... all I was claiming is that if 5 things are exactly the same and the sixth is different, this isnt a small incremental evolution. it could just as easily be a one off...

When miragul came out people didnt assume every new tlp was going to be a heroic start. so why would we assume that a tlp with random + added loot, tradable loot, and 1 month classic, mean that now 1 month classic is the "new normal"
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'll let Skuz speak for himself on his intentions with the post but I read it as a suggested further evolution of the standard. You stated those were alternative rulesets and he countered with small changes every year is the evolution, then stated a number of examples which you threw out because either you don't play in those eras and don't care or were not specifically related to expansion release schedule. I agree with you that random + added loot + FV loot is likely a 1-off or alternative ruleset. TBD if 1 month classic persists or not.
    Skuz likes this.
  21. Crabman Augur

if you check back, he said the standard should either be 12 weeks velious launch or 4 weeks classic and 8 weeks velious, then the second server should be something different. I stated that each of these was something new and would be considered the alternate to the norm, and that is where the "evolution" came from. he then brought up things that had nothing to do with cadence within the original time he was talking about. ** Also AoC's are in classic, items not having foci in classic, and xp increase affected classic. So all the other balance/QoL features he mentioned were in classic, other than the only similar thing i was talking about which was release cadence.

Im just still not sure why you would pull out one part of a completely different ruleset and say "this is the new normal"