What ever happened to /pick sending you to the zonein?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by squidgod, May 27, 2017.

1. Willan New Member

I can't even begin to explain how angry it makes me to have groups of boxed mages/necros picking across zones and sniping the good named in lguk/solb from groups that are camping. Something needs to be done. NOW.
  2. Leftharted Elder

I appreciate the pick zoning keeping me in place, my group got trained hard and camp stolen last night, but luckily swapped to a pick that the camp was open... We had intention of leaving if it wasn't, but would have been death if not...

I would certainly understand if they increased the timer to combat abuse, but their needs to be exceptions.. not sure how hard that would be to implement tho..

Like, if your entire group is in a different pick, your timer gets lowered? Along those sort of lines..
  3. Rauven Augur

Increasing pick times means groups go out the window. You all want more boxing? Increase the pick timers. Why group, only to be stuck when half the group gets stuck in another instance because of a train, accident, or random act of god?

If you make it easier for groups to get camps and drops, the value of such items plummets and those who pay their rents with farming will have to move on. Even if they exploit it they end up with more items to sell, they increase the supply to demand.

Downside is the old school experience of KSing, training, and drama doesn't happen as much as groups contend with one another. I think I could live with that.
  4. Bailen Augur

Increasing pick times after a named is killed is an interesting idea, but it could still cause some problems for legitimate players and might be difficult for the developers.

Maybe a penalty could be put in place for characters who change zones frequently. Add ten minutes to the timer the third time a character picks within an hour. Drop the penalty if a character dies or a pick closes or something else happens that gives a character a legitimate reason to need to pick again. Something like that might be easier to put in place than increasing the time limit if certain types of mobs are killed.
    Senadin likes this.
  5. daffie999 Augur

I like this idea.
  6. daffie999 Augur

I like this idea better. Scaling /pick timers.
  7. AgentofChange Augur

Week 2 of Agnarr is just starting today. You want the good stuff, you'll have to fight tooth & nail for it. If you don't want to fight over camps, just wait like a month and you can get whatever you want with far fewer problems.
    Niskin likes this.
  8. Finchy Augur

I beg of you to ignore the person that suggested this :D
  9. squidgod Augur

Yeah, wouldn't be able to realistically scout picks for open camps, so groups might get stuck in overcrowded zones, steal mobs, fight for camps, etc, or just break up. It would cause problems.