What earns you more money - Seafuries or Hill Giants?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Motrax, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Motrax Journeyman

I've been told Hill Giants drop a lot of raw plat, Seafuries drop gems.

Which is generally better?
  2. Taladir Augur

Hill Giants. Look for where the krono farmers go!
  3. Hinastorm86 Augur

HG's are better ya. If you plan on aggressively hunting and selling loot rights to ancient cyclop rings though, it can compete.

HG's have always been far more toxic in my experience though, and if you're not a class thats good at efficiently killing PH's for giants, its less ideal.

Honestly, don't bother with HG's on mangler, unless its 3am or something. I'd check how crowded cyclops' look, and decide if you wanna wade in.
    snailish likes this.
  4. Motrax Journeyman

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I am Australian so my playtime is usually before Europeans wake up and after Americans go to bed, so hoping I can find a place where it works well for me.
  5. AnotherAussie New Member

Hey Motrax
    Sea Fury Isle also has Gornit on it, who regularly drops good plat and re spawns fast. With the gems and Gornit plat, it can be a good option for you. Do Gornit, then when waiting for his re spawn, do the Furies :).
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

They're both good money but honestly if you go there when it's busy you'll get so burned out on how toxic the people are. Then you won't even want to play. The best money is in groups, winning items since you'll get experience and money... both probably more efficiently.
    Barton likes this.
  7. Nolrog Augur

That could be very lucrative though, even if you weren't aggressive. If you got the rapier and sold the , you could do even better (still MQable right?).
    snailish likes this.
  8. Arclyte Augur

I would stay out of Rathe mountains if i were you. Since starting on Mangler, I've only run into 2 d-bags so far. It's been a pretty nice community.

Then I went to Rathe mtns to turn in my jboots, and I saw a bunch of people KSing giants, and another Ranger who instantly killed Hasten because he "need Maldyn for a quest", while there were 4 people there to turn in for Jboots.

Rathe Mountains is the Detroit of Norrath. Stay away.
    snailish likes this.
  9. snailish Augur

Plat per hour your best bet is to collect empties, turn them in for the deposit and buy a krono.

Less real-life time involved vs. the attended gameplay to get the same result.

Now if you enjoy farming plat in game with your time and dealing with the drama the overly-lucrative for the era giants give --have at it.

And yes, I think the giants should be dropping way less value in this era, add the money back in later on.
    Silarius likes this.
  10. Faydark New Member

Fixed.

I'm aussie too, and there is no "off peak" on Mangler (so far).

I've been leveling in oot for the past couple days, and yesterday we went over to try giant skellies in rathe.. both places are perma camped 24/7 and you'll be lucky to get a look in =D.

There's one guy constantly farming/selling for krono the ancient drop, and later in the day (really late US time) there were two picks open in oot and two people perma camped it lol. The first guy is online so much that I wonder if it's actually one person at all.

Rathe Hill giants: There was only ever 1 pick open in rathe that I saw while I was there for an hour or so in offpeak US time, and there were 2-3 groups worth of 50s, a group of 30s pulling the cyclops, and misc randoms running around tagging anything that got by.

My experience of Mangler so far is that everything you can think of to camp is already camped, with a queue waiting to take over lol. Camp poaching is frequent, and rarely has anyone asked to join us, or responded to requests to join, preferring instead to just steal mobs =/ It doesn't really have that community vibe that classic EQ had (where people would help out much more frequently), and I found myself wondering yesterday if it was even worth continuing to play.
  11. Xhartor Augur

This is kind of the norm for new TLP servers, it does improve as time goes on. If anything Mangler seems less toxic then Coirnav was at this point. Remember to keep dispel loaded for charmed pets, or people charming named to run away with them.

An Oceanic guild called Spectral Shift just started up, if your looking for off peak players to group with.
    Faydark likes this.
  12. Zert Journeyman

gornit/seafuries imo
  13. Zert Journeyman

i wish seafuries still droped ruby crowns like in the past lol

still drop decent gems tho and you can just farm gornit aswell (same drops as hill giants) hill giants to me are always way too packed lucky to get 1-3 mobs per cycle
  14. Nykara2 Elder

I don't think Fay was saying mangler is toxic per say. Just super busy for the amount of zones open so that currently everything is camped in every open pick. It's hard to even find solo/duo spots so far between levels 20 to 30. So much that we've almost stalled trying to level. Picks help a bit but not a huge amount- group and solo zones tend to be different and every pick has more people then mobs to kill at certain levels.
  15. Sorrel New Member

Even 3am is not a good time. That entire area is literally camped 24/7, and it's probably the most cancerous spot in all of EQ. The greed brings out the worst in people.