What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Reht The Dude abides...

It would take them a few days to get around to moderating the thread and suspending themselves, by then the suspension would be over.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Hellboy007 Augur

i almost mentioned that but had to take the foot off the gas..

Mage and Merc afk killing is not actually using something that makes your character take action without you there. Nothing is done other than what is programmed into the game it self.
  3. Darkark Augur

Why not just have a blacklist and be done with it? For example:

Using 3rd party software to:
    -- circumvent code that prevents a single machine from running multiple instances of EverQuest;
    -- automate gameplay;
    -- whatever else grinds our gears;
    is prohibited and may result in blah blah blah.

I mean, they really got lazy here and just put a full stop after "3rd party software" ... good enough!
  4. TarewMarrForever Augur

Thanks Reht, I was unaware that was official policy since August. I just wish it was enforced... ;-( Velk's still has AFK mage farming...always has. These remote parts of the world are rarely travelled, and thus rarely reported. Clearly they are not actively policing this...which is sad because surely this should be detectable via server-side analytics. If it can't, they aren't logging the correct information.
  5. Hellboy007 Augur

why police AFK merc and pet killing?

Why not just fix it so it does not work? Could have worked on that rather than change mage rain spells and this dire need to make pulling "Harder"
  6. Darkark Augur

Why worry about it? This game has 99 problems and AFK pet/merc killing ain't one of em. Getting your panties in a knot over something like that is just ridiculous, and isn't worthy of any GM or Dev time.

A mage ... in Velk's .... AFK killing with his pet .... the humanity ... Trump for prez .... /dribble
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Iila like this.
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

kneejerk reactions, i guess they found the ability to loot bone chips with autoloot while afk killing with a pet too OP. We can thank the TLPs for this change.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Iila like this.
  8. Angahran Augur

Hmm, so setting up a trader or buyer in the bazaar is an actionable offense ?
  9. Kravitz Augur

Its always been a "Green Light" on all servers for years, the development team could have done something about it for years but they advertise it via community relations and EULA as if they have a stance against this, yet internally they have all agreed to allow it. They've been allowing 3rd party software for years now. Its proven fully now by the introduction of the Phinigel server, in which they are taking a stance on, and leaving the other servers alone.

Really don't need another server, if anything they need to consolidate servers.
  10. Mayfaire Augur

I agree with this. Before they were to open another new live server, for the overall health of the game, I would like to see them merge a lot of the existing ones together.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think they fail to realize that they would be incapable of detecting, and thus enforcing, any hardware method of sending keystrokes to multiple computers.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Um, that's exactly the intention of the server. Requiring people to use multiple computers to box.
  13. Tinytinker Augur

Where is my dislike button?

But seriously...some of the people who said they wanted an experience on Phinny with more classic like elements are raging about how they can't stand the slow xp. What makes you think they would be able to stand corpse runs and no in game maps if they are frustrated with the xp?
  14. Thraine Augur

Ive never had the issues that make in game ATs devastating Axx, but chances are you wont need GINA to kill rats and spiders in the commonlands :p