What do we more need

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Dec 8, 2017.

1. smash Augur

to spend time on.

So far we have had:

Kill a lot of each type of mob. (Slayer)
    Kill a lot of named (Hunter)
    Explore a lot of zones (Exploration)

Now we need a serie of TS tasks in each expansion where final combine in each expansion requires a rare no drop item) and gives a piece of item that has no stats on.

Results in an item hat can result in some kind of reward), but each item is used in a later combine.

For the first 10 task series, you get 10 items, which you can combine into an item, which is used for a later combine.

Same thing for the next 10 expansion

So now you will have 2 items, Those 2 items can together with some other items, be combined into a container.

That container has 1 slot in. You can put any armor into it, and press the combine.

Then the result will be a temp PS, with 1/2 stats of the original item, which is gone when you do the combine.
    Example TBM boots with ac 267, hps 4450, will give an ac 130, 2200 hps ps, which last 2 hours.
    The container has a reuse of 24 hours.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

One of the things I don't like about tradeskilling, is the need to farm grey-cons for weeks. Ideally, tradeskill mats should come from level appropriate mobs, that you pick up during normal gameplay, imo.

They could expand on the exploration achievement instead, by requiring you to visit several land-marks in each zone, rather than just peeking into the zone. A bit like the vanderlust aug-quest, that quest was a lot more entertaining than the rest of the exploration-achievements combined.

About the reward you suggest: I don't think the game can auto-generate items like that currently, it is my impression that each item is more or less made by hand by one of the devs.
  3. Derd Augur

You must want to spend a lot more time in everquest than most people do.
    Wizlard likes this.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Wanderlust had been a nice quest-line if it hadn't required you to run back and forth after each update...
    Tatanka and Jumbur like this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True, forgot about that, what I liked about it, was that it required real exploring.

Running back and forth wasn't a big deal for me(yay! wizard ports), but I can understand it might be a chore for other classes.
  6. Nniki Augur

The new Kunark would have been a great opportunity to add in some nice cross-continent quests.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yay druid ports for me, and I still thought it was too much running around. Probably would have just skipped it with a non-porting class.

Reminds me of all the NO DROP quest items that drop, which are not pre-lootable, and drop even if nobody in the group has the quest. So I have to destroy all that stuff, and then come get them again later once I have the quest. I really wish they would either make quest items not drop unless you have the quest, or make all quest items pre-lootable.
  8. kizant Augur

They need to change explore to make you walk around at least 90% of the zone to get the achievement. Plus it should only count if your movement speed is at most 50. Just running by super fast isn't exploring.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

We need more cats in frog hats...
    [IMG]
    fransisco and ptah like this.
  10. ptah Augur

Tx siss this pic ^^^^^ really made my day. Super smile and now its time to chase a butterfly:)
    Sissruukk likes this.
  11. Dooley Jonkers New Member

12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Do you really hate the TS Dev that much? You are asking that they create a recipe and an item for every single visible(?, expansion specific? class?) armor in the game as well as 3 more on top of that. As Jumbur says, the game cannot auto-create items or anything like that.
    Umm... TS mats do come from level appropriate mobs. The only time you're going to be farming grey cons is if you're doing low skill combines or old outdated content. The new TS AAs are the only reason any high level player is going to be doing those combines unless they are making gear or items for low level players. I cannot think of anything that I would currently make for my 105 that all of the items are not either bought from merchants or drop in 100-105 content. The same will be even more true when RoS comes out.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I know, it was a response to the OP, who suggested a series of TS-tasks tied to each expansion. I was just pointing out, that on live-servers this task-series would result in excessive grey-con farming.
  14. Risiko Augur

Personally, I just wish that the whole concept of quest items being looted and put in bags (that you have to then manage) would be replaced with quest flags instead.

In other words, I would prefer a tab on the inventory window that shows me all quest-related items I have "looted". The key thing here being that they are not actual items in my bags or anywhere. Instead, they are just flags in the set in the database for my character when I kill a mob that "would have" dropped said quest item.

I truly hate having a dozen bags full of items, and not knowing what is for what. I don't delete anything most of the time in fear that I am going to delete something important I will need later. (>.<)

Wouldn't it be nice to kill a mob, and get a message that says something like "quest item 123 was looted", and you open your quest loot tab to see it listed there with a check mark or something by it.
  15. Wizlard Augur

You may want to try making an alt
  16. Riou EQResource

They actually do this a decent amount of the time for the last few expansions, mainly depends on the Dev I think, but they basically make it so on a kill you get a flavor text for finding or not finding an "item" the "item" just updates your Collect counter in the appropriate task

Of course rarely you will see some of the tasks do this AND give you the item in your bags :p
    Risiko likes this.