what do focus aa's work on?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Dec 2, 2014.

1. svann Augur

Is there anywhere defined what all the focus aa's work on? For instance wizard aa Claw of the Indigatori. It says it works for the Claw of the Indigatori spells. Does that mean CotI only or does it also work for Claw of the Flameweaver?
  2. strongbus Augur

what they did was to make all the spells on that focus aa tab underpowered. By getting these aa you bring those spells back to full power. it was done to slow down the rate that casters get full spell power. to make it fair to how long it takes melee to get the same power form weapons.
  3. Sancus Augur

The "Claw of the Indigtori" focus AA only affects Claw of the Indigatori. Unlike Type 3's, they only affect the spells named. Therefore, Claw of the Flameweaver receives no benefit.
  4. Apoc Augur

Wait so the focus cap on our armour pieces doesnt already do that ?
  5. strongbus Augur

the focus on our gear effect all spells of said type(fire/ice/magic/etc) the aa on the focus tab are for those spells only. It was stated that they reduced those spells by 6% damage so that when you buy all 3 levels of the aa for each spell it replaces that 6% damage so they are the power they wanted them at. It was a way to slow down how fast casters get to max power.
  6. svann Augur

Well, not having 6% off claw of indigatori isnt slowing me down at all since I always use claw of the flameweaver. Theoretically if we have a fight where there is fire immunity i might but Im not seeing that yet. Am I wrong? Do other wiz use indigatori over flameweaver?
  7. Sancus Augur

You're expecting the devs to make sense :)

My impression is the devs, for the most part, missed the mark on which spells to make AAs for if there purpose was really to slow us down. It's not like it takes much to max them out, so they're really a stupid idea. Mages have it worse, the 1 (arguably 2) focus AAs we got for spells we actually use aren't critting or being focused atm (specific to our line of sight spells).

These AAs don't seem to achieve their stated purpose. Overall, I have no clue why they really exist, but we're stuck with them now :oops: