What class do you intend to main at launch? (Strawpoll)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Amnilarch, May 19, 2017.

1. Amnilarch Journeyman

I think it will be interesting to see what people will be picking for their main on the Agnarr launch. I have been hearing a lot of people will be rolling Enchanters and Mages. Want to see what it will actually be looking like out there! Link to poll below.

https://strawpoll.com/9z3xyb8
    Rhaage likes this.
  2. Amnilarch Journeyman

Awareness bump
  3. Koronu187 Elder

What is krono and what is im lame for krono farm mean ??
  4. Green_Mage Augur

I'm going Necromancer. Though this is the 2nd time I changed my mind. First I decided against SK, then Druid. But hearing about the race change potions 1 month after Kunark changed my mind about Necromancer.
  5. Amnilarch Journeyman

Krono is game time you can buy for actual cash but you can sell it to other players in game. Some people intend on starting this server to early farm super rare spawns to sell looting rights or trade the items for Krono or plat to buy Krono while the price is cheap.
  6. Tachyon Augur

Taxi! I mean Wizzy!!
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

8. Koronu187 Elder

Thanks i think i understand amnilarch
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

Beastlord or berzerker
    Talladore likes this.
  10. NeonTribez Journeyman

I think anyone coming back to classic on agnarr is mostly doing it for the money and trying to get krono. There has already been 3 classic boot up servers. who is daybreak trying to ring in? I've even tried to convince a few of my friends and nope. I'm just not sure of the target market.
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

I am coming back for neither. I am coming back for instanced classic raids - so i can experience them laid back. I didn't play on phinny because of the exp rate and truebox (to a lesser degree) but since Agnarr will have RF's exp rate, it worth giving it a try.
  12. Aleio New Member

Im going to play on Agnarr because im a returning player who loved the early gameplay when eq first came out for me it will be like starting new because it has been like 5 years since i played eq.
    Reynen, U mad brah? and Reht like this.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That doesn't make any sense. If all these people are coming back to get Krono, who will they get the Krono from? Somebody has to buy the Krono and somebody else has to have the stuff the person with the Krono wants. There will be Krono farmers for sure. There will be people who buy Krono to buy items from those farmers. There will also be people who don't care about acquiring Krono or buying items for real money. How many there will be of each is yet to be seen.

To be fair, I'm getting a lot of nope's from people too, but I also see a lot of people coming back for this. My real life friends may have no interest, but plenty of people that haven't played for 10 years or more are coming back. I see them posting on forums, getting excited about this server. These are people I played with way back when, friends of friends, acquaintances and such. The interest is real.
    andross77, Carns and Reht like this.
  14. Amnilarch Journeyman

I honestly wish they would disable Krono until like POP for a more classic experience at launch but I know its part of what keeps all of this going so I bite my tongue.
  15. jdillma2 New Member

This will be my first TLP experience and, assuming I enjoy it, I'll probably start a toon on any upcoming TLPs down the road.
  16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's a double edged sword. They need the money from the Krono sales, but they also need players who want to play on this server long term and will keep a sub active for it. Those two things are generally in opposition. Buying things with Krono tends to shorten the time spent on the server, which means subs could drop sooner. Also, the negative interactions that nostalgic players will tend to have with people who are farming at all costs to get Krono could affect subs.

I'm just going to hope it isn't too bad. Maybe there will be lots of farmers but not many buyers? The farmers will move on fast if that is the case. Opportunity cost, blah, blah, and all that. But realistically the chances that the people coming back for this have more money than time are pretty good, and the farmers probably know that. I honestly wouldn't care either way if the farmers weren't coming in with a "screw you I need the money" approach to social interaction.

Will I be tempted to buy an FBSS with real money? Of course, I wants the haste! But at anything more than 1 Krono I would feel like it's a waste. Once we get past classic the haste options start to open up a bit more and it gets better. Just need to get over the "I need it now" hump at the beginning.
    Amnilarch likes this.
  17. Ellis Elder

I'm not giving any of these annoying krono farmers a damn thing. This server locks in PoP, everyone can BiS every slot with even casual raiding. The quicker these neckbeards go back to their regular servers the better.
    U mad brah? and andross77 like this.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Got nothing but a few hundred krono, please take mine so I can enjoy this server :D
    Since I won't be farming a single item
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Yes, you will. You won't know you are doing it, but you will. Unless, that is, you plan on buying absolutely nothing in EC tunnel.
    Machentoo and Funktions like this.
  20. Amnilarch Journeyman

Visibility bump