what are the more relaxing/easier classes to play?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by tifania34, Aug 29, 2013.

1. tifania34 New Member

I havent played since DoN. Wanted to get a fresh start so just created a new account and picked a new server (Bristlebane). I have been reading up on a lot of websites and found some very good expansion guides for what I have missed. But Im having trouble deciding on a new class. Before I quit I had only played melee classes, had a Monk and Warrior. Another reason I chose to just reroll was because both of those probably need a ton of AAs before I am actually viable, especially the warrior.

I want to try out something thats a little easier to play. I dont want to sound like Im looking for the easy way out but from what I have read returning players seem to really be over whelmed by what they have missed. I figured just starting over from level 1 on a new class would be the best way to get back into the game. Im kinda leaning towards Mage right now, or maybe a Wizard, possibly a Druid. Necro or Shaman probably isnt really my style because when I was playing WoW I hated going Shadow on my priest and couldnt stand Warlocks and both were DoT classes so probably similar to both Necro and Shaman. Not to mention I absolutely DETEST the new necro pet models...Give me back the brown skeletons and old spectre models! Also Id like something that is pretty good at soloing with just a Merc since I wont be multi boxing.
  2. pk76 Augur

mage ftw, send pet and chain direct damage until it 's dead , downside is the lack of pulling tool ( solo ), coh is very good for pulling but need another toon or player to work.. and mana going down fast ., not too bad at higher level with the" aa " big mod rod and the other self rod plus the aa line of mana regen.

necro on the other hand need some little space to be able to kite and not agroing other mobs close.
    but they can single pull pretty good ,( btw you can change the look of the pet buying an item from the station cash , and not expensive ). and no mana issues .

===============================================================
    come from the thread " classes the not require millions of aa's " ( not always that easy that he seem to say, but mage is a pretty easy class to play anyway. )
  3. oogolx Elder

in some zones necros can root rot 5-7 mobs at a time they are not just limited to kiting anymore havent been since VoA. i would say mage and necro are both low aa for big bang classes and dont rely on a group to xp. mages rely on their pet more than a necro does tho.

so it really depends on your play style and just how lazy you want to be. if you want to sit and root rot for hours go necro if you want to kite and dot pick necro. if you want to summon pet toys and not buy them in the bazaar or if you want to let your pet tank or kite and nuke go mage
  4. tifania34 New Member

so you can get the old brown skele with the yellow eyes model or the old black spectre?
  5. pk76 Augur

i am not sure tifania , you would have to check the marketplace "" using station cash "" , but there are many pet change look items we can buy for cheap , you can type " pet " under the find option to bring all the choice you can have.

@ oogolx :: yeah i don't really have a necro that high, but should work pretty good anyway, specially with snared mobs, if root break it's easy to re-apply the root, what's good with necro is they don't need a merc as well. so they don't have to share the xp with merc.
  6. Saphfyre Elder

I just started playing again and picked a Wizard. Super easy to play. Just send merc tank in, nuke til it is dead. Snare if it runs away. Plus I can teleport around to wherever I want (in addition to all the PoK teleports).
  7. tifania34 New Member

went with Mage and this is pretty easy. Just hit 32.
  8. Sebbina Augur

Relaxing, hmm, I suggest Halfling Druid, Halfling Ranger, Halfling Cleric, Halfling Rogue, Halfling Warrior, Halfling Paladin, - yes that is about the complete list.