What are current berserker burns?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Explicit, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Explicit Augur

Sounds silly, but it's a serious question.
    ATM I'm using SS/CR/RA/3rd/JS, and then when that fades sticking with Sundering/Glyph of the Cataclysm. Afterward it's Cleaving/Vehement (or 7th), and finally Avenging Flurry just for the heck of it.

I've heard of people using Frenzied Resolve, but that seems counter-productive on every single fight that isn't Valley (and maybe even on that raid too). It roots you in place, so you can't battle leap and you're definitely screwed if the mob isn't permarooted.

Is there something I'm missing or have I been doing it right?
  2. Kreacher Augur

FR adds an attack to every round you do.
    It's for this reason that Blinding Fury was so powerful b4 FR was introduced. You could get Blinded by Fury and then use your Epic to get 24secs of the extra attack round+epic effect - Basically how we are now with FR+Epic.
    If you are say without a bard. You'll probably average around 3 hits per round. So by adding an extra hit per round, you are increasing your DPS by ~33%.
    With a bard, due to Aria, you'll Flurry/TA more so the average hits per round increases, the DPS increase isn't so great, but it's still there.

Remember FR can always be clicked off from the song window , if the mob moves away. Battleleap can also be used to help position occasionally also - i find it's around 50/50.
  3. Explicit Augur

Well that makes a lot more sense...would I see a better turn out with FR in any situation versus using Early Retaliation while burning? I know for certain I'd have to click off FR because the mob has moved, but I'm thinking it will give me more of an edge than ER would even if I do have to click it off early.
  4. Mellifleur Augur

with FR you can have parses 100k up towards 140k with SS/CR/RA/3rd/JS and GoC
  5. Gragas Augur

DirtyGurtie and RekMMO like this.
  6. Kreacher Augur

I cannot see any reason to hit Early Retaliation over FR in any type of burn situation. The only time I'd consider using ER would be on an AE rampage mob when I want to maintain myself at max range. The only fight I'd consider that would be light side Pillars, but then it locks out FR for 10mins and who would be mad enough to do that? :)
  7. Explicit Augur

Will play around with it an see what I can dig up, thanks for all the posts and the mention of the zerker forum ;]
  8. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

Just coming back to the game here, thanks for posting this:) I almost forgot about that site, great info there:) Now to decide if i want to reroll or continue leveling my serker on FV-really wish they'd let us transfer off of FV.....
  9. Fury Journeyman

You also probably want to make a hotkey for FR so you can drop it without searching to click it off. Mine basically blocks it on one line and then unblocks it on the next line. I think someone had one on the zerker boards that was a little more sophisticated if you want to look for it.
  10. Brosa Augur

In what content? Your saying max level/AA raid zerker in the best group set-up can parse for that on a t4 VoA named? I've played with a group zerker for quite some time and they never got anywhere near 50k on a top end group name. Although our normal group lacks everything but shammy epic to add to their dps i find it hard to believe a group zerker could acheive that dps.
  11. Dafury New Member

If you are dps minded it is a loss to use retaliation ever. Unless the mob is being kited you can at least get two or three rounds in with FR before you have to remove it. Just remember you need to be below 90 and hit it before you a hit a disc that counts down in the combat window (ss/sundering/cleaving/flurry).
  12. ntellect Augur

Hi Veterans,

Wondering if someone would be willing to help out a newbie zerker. Trying to understand the basic terms thrown around in this thread.

What does burn mean?
    What is a parser?
    What is a ratio?
  13. Behelit Augur

Burn: the primary/strongest disc+aa combination that produces the highest potential dps. considered by most to be the length of your disc (so 30-60sec for most). As Gragas linked earlier you can find the berserker burn here: http://www.goberserker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5437

Parser: a program that tracks and displays data, in this case a dps parser tracks and displays the damage done by players. I'd reccomend Gamparse found here: http://gambosoft.com/

Ratio: the damage divided by the delay of a weapon.
  14. Brogett Augur

Burn is sometimes also referred to by the raid leader as a request - eg burn the mob down and offtank the adds. In that respect it's not really a specific duration but a command for everyone to do their best disc cominations and try and kill it asap. It may take 2-3 mins, but it's still considered a burn event due to the method used.

Another comment on ratio: always evaluate ratios with your best damage aug added. Typically SOE will create a whole load of weapons with very similar ratios within a tier, but sometimes you'll find the faster weapons have the same ratio as the slower weapons. This means post-aug the faster weapons gain more in their ratio, hence why it's good to evaluate after the aug.

(Now whether the best ratio is the best thing to aim at for a berserker appears to be a hot topic and I'll let others argue that one out!)