What a waste of development time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crayon123 Augur

Daybreak's answer to this 'flakiness' appears to be to release new servers every so often and keep the short term monetary gains as a more regular occurrence. If the concept is working for them and keeping EQ funded and alive, then by all means continue to do so!

We've seen the superior quality of the live expansions as of late, even before Ragefire / Lockjaw / Phinigel and Quarm were born. The fact remains that the power of nostalgia is bringing people back into the game and making them spend money, obviously enough to justify another server release, code modifications and developer resources.

One thing to keep in mind is that the company behind Daybreak is looking to make a profit, not necessarily keep EQ around for another 15 years, I'm sure they have no emotional attachment to the game. As soon as it stops making them money, it's flushed like LoN or sold to the highest bidder.
    jeskola likes this.
  2. Jezzie Augur

Phinegel isn't like Vulak or Fippy though. Those non instanced servers created a level of competition that many considered highly toxic.
    Casual players were just left with the table scraps when it came to available content so it's really no surprise they left.

Instanced content may keep people interested longer as there's much more to do when you log on.
    Truebox is proving to be a success. Much more player interaction and less people running their own groups around. I'm yet to witness any 18-24boxes on Phinny holding down entire zones 24/7.

I'm sure people will leave when the game progresses past their favorite expansion but I wouldn't be surprised to see Phinny retain a population somewhere similar to Vox. Plenty of people that play on that server have collected enough Krono to play for years and I doubt we'll see a mass exodus back to p99!
    Crayon123 likes this.
  3. Nolrog Augur

There is no time limit on fixing bugs.
  4. Millianna Augur

DB doesn't care about EQ - they are just here to turn a quick buck. By neglecting the live servers they slowly rotting the foundation of EQ. TLP will dry up and there will nobody left on live. ****, Pantheon cannot get here fast enough. Cant wait until there Twitch show on Thursday...
  5. RadarX Augur

Please feel free to post constructively in an existing thread on this topic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.