Weebils wobble but they don't fall down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Who remembers Weebils?

Tatanka likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I always admired weebles no matter how much they drank they never fell down.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Perfect frat boys.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

If I admit it, you might think I'm old. Oh... wait... I am. Yes, I remember them. I even had some as a child. I think I had a tree house. Vague memories.. so so long ago.
  5. Brickhaus Augur

The camper van was the best. The open roof and the trailer kept me entertained for hours.

Don't forget the Winnie the Pooh themed ones as well.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Looks as old as i am guessing early 1970's.
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur

The Wibbly Wobbly Playground
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  8. Herf Augur

Now I'm stuck with that ear worm all day :)
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you. One of my favorite shows.

"Are you interested in Wibbly Wobblies? Ah, then you must be five"
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Apprently they are in the process of bring Faulty Towers back.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

There were 2 releases of them. The originals and the best ones that wobbled wonderfully were in the early 70s (i.e. the ones I had). The second release was much much later. I think they were larger and they didn't wobble as much. The originals might have been deemed "dangerous" or a swallowing hazard or something.

For the real hazardous toy, who remembers and/or had a set of Lawn Darts?

Or how about Klackers?

Late 60s and early 70s toys, oh such fun!
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I had friends who played a version of dodge ball with lawn darts. These somewhat suicidal folks actually lived to adulthood. That is if you only look at it chronologically.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Yeah, that's why we can't have fun things. Same with the "unbreakable" Klackers. It was those who "played" with them "inappropriately" who were far more dangerous than the toys themselves. But really who thought it would be safe for children to play with small spears and short bolos?
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

Evil Knevil showed us it was alright to make plywood ramps and talk your friends into laying on the ground under them. Most of us all lived.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The 70s really were magical and full of wonder. I wonder how we survived!
    Flatchy likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Especially since our parents drove us around without seat belts :) I wonder what the newest generation will miss in another 50 years? Oh the good old days when we could leave our phone at home and it wasn't a chip in our brain!
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I will freely admit, I do not miss rotary phones. The only reason I might miss touch-tone phones is the "play a tune and connect to some unknown, likely expensive long distance place" :p

I got my own phone (paid for it myself) when I was 17. I fidget. Often on a call, I would take the phone apart and put it back together. I learned exactly how much of the phone I could dismantle without it hanging up. I kind of miss that. Now I almost never get or receive calls unless it's spam. Text and all the messaging apps are so much easier.
  18. Herf Augur

Ahhh Clackers. A teenage locally was making his own and selling them to us kids. Then word leaked out that these things would shatter into sharp pieces while 'clacking' and my parents took mine away.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Rijacki like this.