Weapons, where to find, do they lvl cap?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by FlashbaxSD, Oct 23, 2020.

1. FlashbaxSD New Member

Another topic I can not find a clear answer on, weapons!
    I see weapons have a min. level and a recommended level.

Currently I'm using 2 of the same weapons that has a rec of lvl 20 (I am now 27/28), are these doing LESS damage now that I am a higher lvl?

Finally, what are my best options for finding new weapons, and what are the best weapons for a Beastlord?
    Thanks!
  2. Garmr Augur

Your weapons arent doing less damage, you are now fighting higher level mobs with more AC/Mitigation so they take less.
    Don't know what server you are on, but check the baz for weapons at or close you your level, or for weapons with no lvl req and a great dmg/dly ratio. As a beast youre looking for 1hb or h2h weps, whichever is better. The level appropriate defiant weapons should do fine for you, Stave of Sheilding x2 if you can get will take you to 50-60 no problem as well. Again though, not knowing your server and specific situation it hard to be.....specific. Good luck to you and welcome (back?) to EQ
  3. Diptera Augur

Min level is just the minimum level you need to be to be able to get any benefit from it at all. Recommended is the level you need to be to get maximum stats from it. Anything over that level just means it won't get any better ;)
  4. Diptera Augur

..and as Garmr mentioned, the defiant equipment is likely to be the best - check your /baz out, search for "defiant" (and filter for class/race), hopefully you can pick up a bargain ;)
  5. FlashbaxSD New Member

Thank you guys! I'll see what I can figure out.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

7. Diptera Augur

Oh, and be aware that augmentations can also have their own level limitations, so if you put augments into your gear, it may affect the min/recommended level of the item overall.