Weapon values changed on 4 17 patch.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Vanesae Journeyman

Cry more
    KarmaKitty and Duder like this.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What don't all of you understand here?

Really?
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I would like the chance to go back and dislike some of my own posts.
    KarmaKitty, Celephane and Rijacki like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That they finally got around to adjusting the ratios of the weapons now that they had time to implement the changes from the fix put in during the current expansion beta? Pretty sure they did state that they where going to do this a while ago. This is great for people that still have those weapons and TLP servers as they unlock those expansions.
    Rijacki and Tyranthraxus like this.
  5. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

It's clear that they are cleaning up old promises and bug reports. Champion's Oath hit 17 months after promised delivery date!

Only 7500+ more bugs to go...
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Duder Augur

What don't you understand here?

Really?
    Mikana and Celephane like this.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You asked?
    Look I understand those that NEED their old weapons to be better and they just got an update, Sure, it is fantastic news! GRATS for you.. That is understandable.. but that is a fix that should have been done more than a year ago.

Not 4 months after the next expansion goes out.

I don't have enough loyalty tokens to unattune. I would have not chose the MemoryForged over my weak Top Tier NOS Raid weapons if they weren't better.. but now they are worse from this patch.

This is not fair for those that have already done the switches to new weapons as we do. I sold the old 'crap' back.. and now the unattuners cost over 100,000 coin from Overseer.. and @484 loyalty tokens. I just don't have it.

It is not a complaint that I can't afford the unattune... it is the fact the game is forcing me to do so. We already are past this.

Must be some meeting before doing these decisions at the wrong time.. If it was done when the expansion was launched, cool.. but why now?
    Duder likes this.
  8. Gialana Augur

This is from the AMA, though it was released only a little over a month ago:

Q: Is there any plan to retroactively update the weapon damage from NOS raid weapons to be better than LS group weapons?
    Ngreth: Yes.
  9. Fleiss Journeyman

No requirement to unattune to change weapons.

Your damage output is the same as it was pre patch. Gear changes happen often.

What you describe is buyer remorse. No one forced you on this route or your choice to get rid of old. No one is forcing you to unattune anything. All are your choices.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I'll be honest, I never thought they do it.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You can't sell an attuned MemoryForged.
  12. Duder Augur

As people have and will say, the game is not requiring you to do anything. Blah blah blah. I do understand and sympathize with your plight, as well, I do agree that it should have been handled better. But who are we kidding, they should have made that the theme of the 25th anniversary instead of "The Year of Darkpaw". ...Celebrate 25 years of EverQuest during our year that should have been handled better!

Anyhow, it's just the way you made your complaint. I'm sure that you did know about the retroactive changes that had been announced and are just griping in general. No need to play the ignorant card is all I'm saying. Otherwise, I'm completely on the same page as you in terms of how they have handled it. Truly I am incredibly surprised that they didn't just do what they have done for the past 5 years when confronted with the problem of melee damage falling behind and ignore us and make an excuse about it not being possible in the code, despite the fact that it took them "only a few minutes" to address and fix said issue in the code that prevented the developers to attribute proper damage values for numerous expansions.

It's not great and I know I am far from alone when I say that I have lost all faith in the current Darkpaw development team and its' leadership. We know that the general content creating devs are capable of making decent, fun, playable content, however, under Jchan, it has yet to happen. Under Jchan, I have only witnessed the focus shift further away from quality content and customer satisfaction in favor of priority being given to the "cash grab" features that continue to be added at break-neck pace. (Or advertised and sold to us and never realized ala Guild TS Depot) Much of it, completely new features all the while ignoring the features that have been asked for repeatedly for years. Beyond that, what they have delivered that players have populously and repeatedly asked for, such as pet inventory, or an updated UI engine to support larger resolutions have been delivered to us as a kind of discounted or unfinished feature. The UI update is seemingly never-ending and has been a complete LOSS of quality of life due to the poor quality. If they could have gotten away with charging daybreak cash for the pet inventory feature, you can bet your bippy that it'd have been a complete feature, matching the inventory systems of characters and mercenaries. I wish I had meaningful advice for yah, I don't. I've come to accept that Everquest will never be interested in delivering a quality product again. Every year it gets worse with no reprieve. The last expansion worth a darn was TBL and a good many of players very much disliked it. I know you can't please everybody but darn, I don't think Darkpaw aims to please anybody anymore.

The excuses of poor resources don't align with what content they do put out. (It's just content no one wants and endless necessary fixes gone ignored in favor of the cash crab system development.) Great, keep them lights on. We all do want EQ servers to stay online. How about figuring out a way to deliver QoL features and content that players do want and charging them for that? These half-cocked money grabs involving things never asked for is mind boggling. The players have done their brainstorming for them, yet they choose to ignore it over and over again. "Their World" sucks now, if not for TLP, I'd have been gone a few years ago. The only faith I have in the company any more is faith of disappointment.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

They'll all become trash in 8 months anyway.
  14. Buds Augur

About time. I was complaining about this, when they introduced the new Raid weapons. The older raid weapons were MUCH worse than even the common drop group weapons. That was wrong and they fixed it. They should have fixed it right at launch. So many people on here saying they weren't going to change them and it would be too hard to do lol. Very glad they fixed that and of course, I hung onto my raid weapons knowing they had to eventually upgrade them,
  15. Karhar Dream Crusher

You know, they have an unattunement item? Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner costs 432 loyalty or 112300 overseer tetradrachms
  16. Cannikin Augur

Or you know, you could've just not spent any krono at all and simply gotten LS group weapons for free. Memoryforged weapons are only about 5% more damage than LS TS group weapons (and the other stats aren't that far off either), so that's a whole lot of money you spent for a bunch of stuff that's barely better.

Every melee raider I know didn't think twice about dumping their NoS raid weapons for LS group at the first chance they got. I personally swapped out one of my NoS raid swords for LS group T1 on day 1 of the expansion. Immediate huge DPS upgrade a month before raids even opened, let alone how long it would take to buy the new raid weapons, so we got a lot of use out of those group weapons.
    Veteran_BetaTester and Knifen like this.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

Well some people can not bear the thought of stooping to a weapon from the unwashed masses!
    Duder likes this.