Weapon question.

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Chris_p_W, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

I have many different toons that I have been leveling up. All of them can get a weapon with a damage of 10 to 15 with a short delay of 22 - 25.

I can tear mobs up all the way till i hit the 40- 50s. My question is what is the replacement for these weapons? The defiant is actually the same damage (better stats). I am using the hammer of the gnolls that I quested at 20th level and cant seem to find the next step.
  2. Yther Augur

The dealio is that the original end game weapons didn't have a required level and weren't no trade, so 1st levels started getting them as twink items. This continued on for a few expansions, but basically keeping with the same ratio, but making the weapons easier to get as the original content was also becoming easier due to better equipment at all levels.

The upgrading continued on, but with less ratio improvements and just easy availability at lower and lower levels.

So basically we end up with what we have now, an abundance of easy to get high ratio, low level weapons, that don't really get upgrades until the 50s+ and then generally as originally raid content. Not everything is raid though.

A few examples: For higher level quests, some examples include:
    Sweeping the Stepes: Gnolls
    Nhemen's Secret

Some MM ones (Items scale to your level):
    Queen Nok Nok's Tomb
    Grobb Under Seige
    Infiltrating the Hive
    Shadowmane Invasion Pal / Shd only
    70.3: The Fall of Illsalin
    War Machines

You can probably find more examples, and better ones for higher levels. By 65 the SoF tradeable / attuneable weapons become available which are very nice and epic 1.5s. Before those though, the ones I just linked are probably your best bet for something reasonably easy to obtain, although watching /general for people soloing old raid content and loot rotting can yield some even nicer results. I generally don't worry too much about it, 'cept for Warriors until 65 and just use what I can twink in the bazaar or what not. Then at 65 work on epic 1.5 and usually for melee and hybrid classes get some Secrets of Faydwer weapons.

Yther Ore.