We the players of Everquest:

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elthorien, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elthorien Elder

We the Players of Everquest (and you all know whom im talking to)

We the Players of Everquest, have destroyed this game.

We the Players of Everquest, have allowed greed and self interest govern our actions.

We the Players of Everquest, have followed the letter of the rules while breaking the spirit of the rules.

We the Players of Everquest, have failed to provide positive feedback to the developers of the game.

We the Players of Everquest, have went out of our way to abuse and exploit every loophole possible to satisfy our greed and self interest.

We the Players of Everquest, have failed to follow the spirit of the game

I do not blame 989 studios, Sony Online Entertainment, Daybreak Games for the current state of the game.

The players are at fault.

The current situations that exist on Lockjaw / Ragefire are prime examples

The blatant plat exploit recently is prime example
    Xanadas likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

Please post which portions of the last 16 years you have been subscribed. Since you are speaking for the entire player base, I'm quite confident you've been subscribed for all that time... Right?
    Simone likes this.
  3. Elthorien Elder

ive been subscribed off and on since may 1999 (only time i unsub'd was during deployments post 9/11, why pay for something i can not play)

Played fairly hard core from orginal release thru PoP, missed out some of GoD / OOW, seen DoN/UF.. missed out on PoR, seen SS thru SoD, missed out on UF/HoT, raided fairly hard core again with VoA and up until early 2014, then went total casual non-raid
  4. Porygon Augur

I honestly see nothing wrong with the game. At all. Just people who want something easier, which is the standard nowadays.
    Simone likes this.
  5. Lotusfly Elder

This is deep. It reads almost like a poem--reaching out and grabbing me. I've turned this game into a virtual wasteland.

[IMG]
    captnstudy and Mayfaire like this.
  6. Simone Augur

Ruining my own lands.
    PrathunEQ and captnstudy like this.
  7. Hendar2 Augur

With all the "we the players" stuff, is that a confession?

My confession is that I have, on occasion, played EQ without wearing pants.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Sure.... just occasionally...
  9. Aghinem Augur

I just love how someone who has played EQ off & on since 1999 ( or so they claim ) decides to create an obvious troll thread with no real purpose other than to elicit a negative response. #EpicFail to the OP.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Three Cheers for Hiyo Miyazaki!
  11. Feradach Augur

I'm pretty sure that the launcher won't work at all if the player has pants on.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Elthorien,

You only speak for yourself, its a shame you play like such a jerk and take every chance to cheat and try to game the system. You'd be a much happier person and have far less issues if you'd stop being such a horrible player and person.

-signed everyone else that plays.
    -Me (since I can only speak for myself, same as you. Nice confession btw)
  13. Lee81 Augur

This is cringe-worthy.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Dunno about you but I have never been involved in any of the above stated issues. Played non stop for 16 years and never done any of this *shrugs* I actually HAVE followed the spirit of the game. And to be honest I think a lot of people just play the game. But I agree that a percentage of the population does ruin it for everyone.
  15. Numiko Augur

I have this thing called "Fun" when i play EQ, he should try it sometime, it's .. fun. :rolleyes:
  16. Steampunk Augur

While I completely disagree that "all" players are responsible, there is much truth in what he says. Then the thought also occurs to me that, while some players did do it and some players did nothing, that is in itself part of the problem. They did nothing, while others messed up a good thing.
  17. Lejaun Augur

- Our paid subscriptions and/or Krono purchases are keeping this game alive.

- Such a general blanket statement that only applies to a small portion of the player base. I've met far more people willing to help with no concern for their own gain than I have on other games and Everquest servers lately

-Again, I've met a lot of people that have gone out of their way to be nice, and they've done so while following the rules a well.

-This is true. Anything negative will get pushed to the top, positive feedback gets pushed away. This is not something that Everquest has an exclusive claim on. It's like that in every game. We can certainly do better in our appreciation of the devs

-Again, only a small portion. Far more are grinding things our fairly, following the rules and being kind in the process. Quit making blanket statements as if they apply to everyone.

-You are repeating yourself, so I must repeat myself as well. I've met a lot more people who are nice and willing to adventure with me than I have of people who are exploiting the game and out only for themselves.

-It's bad to blame them, I agree. There are some things that they could of done better, but hind sight is 20/20 they say.

-Some are, some aren't. What is at fault is a 16 year old game that holds no more secrets, a world that has grown up on MMO's and will sometimes hide behind the keyboard, a small portion of the players who cause problems in game, another small but vocal collection of players who try to stir things up on the forums, a small game world filled with far more people than it was ever designed to. There are a lot of faults...not just the players or the few I mention.

-I have a pretty good guess of what you are mentioning, but if you want to use something as a point, you should probably say what it actually is so that it can be agreed or disagreed with and not be so vague.

[/quote]
    -Again, just a small portion of the community. Quit blaming the large community for the actions of a small community.
  18. Tevarin New Member

Pretty sure the players didn't design Gates of Discord, nor omens of war. Both of which played a big role in destroying this game. People like to claim World of Warcraft killed it in 2004, but EQ was still an amazing game and better than WoW until GoD/Omens were released.
  19. Rhodz Augur

How does one without access to code, rules, management, or even as much as a door key to bathroom ruin a game?
    Super powers.... imagine the money to be made ... pay us or we will ruin your game... now about that check...
  20. skattabrainz Augur

There are 2 everquests.

One, the steaming cesspool talked about on these forums and two, the game full of, by and large, awesome people, that I enjoy playing.

In eve this phenomenon is called bitter vet syndrome. Where the forums make the game seem like a den of the scum of humanity but the games itself, is primarily full of cool folks (and mind you in eve things like scamming are considered a feature).

Does eq have a name for this?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.