We need some sort of word today please.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by practicalnurse, Feb 19, 2019.

1. practicalnurse Lorekeeper

The existing threads have all turned into personal battles and name-calling. Please let us know what you are or are not changing so we can get to commenting again on important things. Thank you DBG.
  2. MarttinPH Augur

If they tell us earlier enough maybe we can get a second round of changes before they go live!
  3. Risiko Augur

I just can't imagine anyone at DBG replying to this thread with the changes.

They said they are looking in to the feedback, and they will make some sort of announcement this week.

We're only halfway through Tuesday. Be patient grasshopper.
  4. practicalnurse Lorekeeper

I am sure they will reply. I was very polite.
    hoovadalewt likes this.
  5. The Hated One Augur

The problem is they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. As I have said so many times they can't make everyone happy. It is just not possible. The 2 servers they initially proposed made most people upset. So they are evaluating. The thing is, I think these threads and posts have only made it worse. They are probably overwhelmed with trying to make 2 servers that wrangle in the most people...but we all want so many different things that they aren't sure what to do.

If they were smart they would make 2 servers with the basics that everyone want. 1 with truebox and 1 without. Toss AoC's in both. The rest is just tweaks of unlock timers, loot rules, starting points and EXP rates.

To me, a businessman, it is a simple thing. But to people who may or may not be under the influence of people with alternative motives (ie lets get rid of boxers and make the game like we want it!) this is probably a very hard decision. If they left the game alone and kept it like it has been(the reason we have all been here 20 years) and just made small changes like we suggested above they would likely reel in the most paying customers.
  6. Ceffener Augur

I’m surprised it took this many hours to get this thread.
  7. Sethiroth Augur

I’d rather they take their time, and come up with a reasoned intelligent response to their previous rushed out show of an announcement.

Though I totally understand people’s frustration and impatience at waiting to hear something new, and I’m not entirely sure they are capable of reasoned or intelligent, given past experiences.
  8. Risiko Augur

They're really not as stuck as some might think.

Mark my words, this is what is going to happen.

Selo is going to stay exactly as it was described when it was announced.
    Even though the self-proclaimed casual crowd said that it was not what they wanted, the vast (and I mean VAST) majority of everyone else said they love the concept. That's a ready made population-base of customers for that server. That server is a done deal.

Mangler will get changed to the "casual" server so to speak.
    Since the Selo server is such a massive hit with the hardcore crowd, DBG will choose to shift the direction of the Mangler server to try to capture the casual crowd looking for a new TLP server. The Mangler server will be a duplicate of the Selo server with one change, unlock time will be set to 12 weeks.

It's the least amount of developer effort required while pleasing the majority of their customers.
  9. Sethiroth Augur

They are much better off sticking within parameters they have already set. Start introducing the removal of Truebox and such and you’re gonna start lighting more fires.

IMO, their best bet is simply adjusting lockout timers one way or another and increasing exp on mangler.

The only outside variable that I would say, that is likely to please more people than is pisses off is FV loot. I’ve seen a lot of people asking for it, a lot saying they don’t care either way (myself included) and only few people not in favour, so I’d say that could be a fairly safe sweetener.
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  10. FIsh Lips Augur

They...don't...care....
    I don't think they're going to change "Mangler" into a casual server. I think it will exist, and six people will play on it.

I agree though there will probably be a 3rd server, as you describe. Which is very depressing.
  11. Kywen Augur

There should be a third server for the rest of us. The server should either be named Glubbsink or Kywen.
  12. The Hated One Augur

Mild changes to Mangler and then making a 3rd server for boxers with AoC's would be my suggestion. Make it with FV rules, 2-3 month unlocks, and normal EXP. Call it Funland or whatever idk.
  13. Elyani Augur

100% still a better name than Mangler.

I actually feel bad for whoever came up with the idea to call it Mangler. Like, it must hurt to have everyone hate your idea. lol. I'm sorry, to whoever thought up Mangler!
  14. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Casuals also want to start in classic. Not luclin
    SweetLaxTho and practicalnurse like this.
  15. MarttinPH Augur

I don't see allure of classic. I never joined a server in classic, and I felt I didn't miss anything. The armor/weapons aside from oddities are barely better than wearing nothing at all. Even if it does start in Luclin, nothing stops you from getting likeminded friends to only to do classic content as a guild to start with.
  16. Ceffener Augur

Are we playing who will guess closest?

Mangler slight xp increase.
    Selo 6 week unlocks.

That’s it.
  17. practicalnurse Lorekeeper

I agree that whatever the changes are they will be relatively minor. Selos really is in good shape for the hardcore raiders and racing. All Mangler needs is an xp boost. I can hope for FV loot rules as well but I do not expect it sadly.
  18. Ceffener Augur

From other thread for you all still waiting:

19. Xhieron Elder

Casual here. Nope. Luclin for me please.
    TheRedBandit likes this.
  20. Hawer Lorekeeper

I'm torn on this one. I play casual and the only TLP I played at launch was Coirnav and that was just briefly. I don't want to skip the trilogy completely, but I also think 9 months before Luclin is way too long. I wish they could start Kunark/Velious and get to Luclin in 2-3 months, so the population doesn't drop significantly. Im sure everyone has a different opinion on this though and no matter what they do someone will not be happy with it.