We need a new deep expansion...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lancelove, Jul 17, 2016.

1. lancelove Augur

Like Kunark. Maybe a mirror of kunark, like TBM has. You can use the zones and repopulate and add dimensions. There has got to be a way you dev geniuses can do it! Its all there waiting for you! We are waiting for you!!!
    :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

You'll take your 2 zones and like it.
    Azbaelus and Vdidar like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

All they need to do is 1-4 zones with UBER CHASE LOOT (Soul of the Grandmaster copy) and a few respectable Heroic Adventures/raids.

Actually a bit surprised more global rares (other than Big Bags) weren't included in TBM as a selling point.
  4. Brohg Augur

Kunark, by my count: 4 dragon minis, Venril Sathir, Trakanon, Veeshan's Peak (6 encounters)

How long do you think that super deep expansion would last today's raiders?
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  5. Kalipto Augur

It has been a while since we've had an expansion that included a lot of landmass. But honestly, the days of those types of expansions are probably behind us. They probably don't have enough subs to pay the devs/artists it would require. Wish that wasn't the case.
  6. Brohg Augur

Content isn't measured by the square foot in a virtual world.

Gigantic empty zones only cost a lot when juxtaposed with how much players play in them.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  7. Riou EQResource

Next expansion does feature Kunark zones though :p
    roguerunner and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Belchere Lorekeeper

Please, Please, PLEASE let it include Chardok, Old Sebilis and Charassis (Howling Stones) zones!!!!
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Ermagurd content boner at the thought of revamped Chardok and Charasis
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Two? I count one sir.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Where I would go:

With their god, Cazic-Thule himself 'Dead' the Iksar empire is in turmoil, with different factions vying for control, new zones including the a 'High Temple of the Hierophants' with the shaman and necromancers trying to stay loyal to the old ways, while other rebel Iksar are exploring druidism and wizardry (with possible player class/race combo unlock) and the melee/hybrid classes are being tempted by the Zek family (Berzerker/Rogue possible unlock) in the iksar war training grounds.

Meanwhile, the Frogloks, Sarnaks, and Goblins learn of the turmoil, and start to encroach on Iksar territory; each with a revamped dungeon.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  12. DeadRagarr Augur

To be fair back in Kunark all they had to do to make a raid mob is:
    <Insert dmg here>
    <Insert HP here>

Done Raid mob! Now its quite a bit different as they are actually challenging scripted content.
    Not to mention that even group content is scripted and some fights include raid levels of complexity added to them.

Aside from that I wouldn't mind an expansion the size of TDS/SoD with one challenging scripted group boss per tier. <I don't raid>.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

If theres no keying to slow people down? 3 hours tops for the first time, maybe 90 minutes once you have the strats ironed out.
  14. Angre Augur

I would like to see max level 110 and more AA's and collection items, new Tradeskill components, items, mat's and Cultural Armor. (Even though Artisan's Prize is gonna keep TS'rs busy for awhile, most will not even attempt it)

Of course you need challenging raids for the High End Raiding Guilds, but I think that is becoming a smaller portion of the player base.

I liked TBM. Thank you.
  15. roguerunner Augur

I need it
  16. Ravengloome Augur

On average the raiding population of MMO's only accounts for 15% (thats on the extreme high end) of the player base. I don't know what it is on EQ, but I'd guess its probably like 10% raids? (According to some article i read awhile back is where igot the 15%, It was on MMORPG.com or something, its been awhile)

Group content has been lacking because no one from that demographic is as loud about it though.
  17. Nolrog Augur

That's actually pretty good. Builds upon existing lore, could even send us back to one or two of those older expansion zones to do something.

Each with a revamped dungeon and each becoming a playable race (IIRC, sarnaks are playable in EQ2, don't recall if goblins are though.).
  18. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I vote we all stop living in the past and the devs spend their time creating new content instead of constantly retreading the same areas over and over. Asking for Kunark-like expansions only tells the Devs to spend more of their time on the TLP/Event servers.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  19. Nolrog Augur

Sounds great and all, but they have to work within the limited dev resources they have. From what it seems (I have no first hand knowledge of this at all), the art team is very very small (perhaps even with the same team creating art assets for both EQ and EQ2?) so the ability to design and build brand new zones is limited.
  20. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I'm no game designer, but can you not create new zones with existing art?