Way to fail yet another server launch guys

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by discordkitty, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Febb Augur

Hey guys, I joined a marathon and there is too many people running against me. Can we remove all the other runners so I can win? Thanks.
  2. kamikazeheart Elder

Ya all the complainers obviously didn't try to join any of the other progression servers at launch. This was probably the smoothest and people were able to get in without issue after about an hour. On Fippy I remember I spend almost 4 hours trying to log in only to get booted while zoning and had to wait another 2 hours to get in again. You guys have no concept of what a failed launch is lol
  3. Keking Snek New Member

Can we talk about how much the server sucks to play on as being the root cause of failure to launch? I think the launch party was more fun then the server itself the way they have it set up..
  4. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Can we talk about how I can't even patch the game. I get 50 cents back for every day of my sub that gets wasted right? At least you guys can get in. I cant even get past the launcher!
  5. Darchias Augur

That's kinda how servers work. The expense it would take to upgrade servers to the point that it can handle a few thousand people logging in simultaneously would be quite large, and more importantly that investment would be wasted 95% of the time since they'll never experience the kind of strain it would be under during a new server launch. The load-balancing system currently in place (/pickzone) is working pretty well, but they really need to enable load-balancing for starting cities as well. I'm not really certain why it isn't, my first guess would be that it has something to do with merchants or the way the Origin AA is coded, but Kelethin gets load-balancing and it works just fine (to my knowledge, it might be a huge headache for them and I would never know.)

Worth mentioning that adding load-balancing to starting cities would also help fix a lot of the headache that is the Enchanter Epic with the chick in the Neriak Cleric Guild and Vessel Drozlin in Cabilis. I think the Rogue epic has some things in starting cities that's almost as big a headache? Maybe the SK epic? I don't remember offhand.

So, uh, TL DR: Hey DBG! Enable /pickzone in starting cities before the next server launch!