was doubling recast time on beguiler's directed banishment intentional?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Blurred_Memories, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Blurred_Memories Augur

couldn't find any mention of it in patch notes.
  2. Eriadoc Elder

As far as I can tell, it's a stealth nerf that they felt like they didn't have to acknowledge. They never mentioned the nerf to Scintillating Beam either, and they just left it nerfed. This feels like that. We'll see.

Also, I went over to Brother Island to just test some stuff on, without any real intention of killing anything. Remember how they said they re-visited the mobs and removed run speed limitations, mez limitations, whatever on most mobs? Well, I just so happened to test on the ghosts there where the named spawns. Two of them were mezzable and rootable. Two of them were not. The PHer was rootable and mezzable. So I could punt the mobs, but couldn't mez them or root them. Stasis worked fine, but the invis range limit was irrelevant there because they're not normally KOS.

Just add it to the mental database.
  3. Sindaiann Augur

Doesn't surprise me in the least. Seems its normal practice for DBG to try and slide a few changes by people instead of listing it in the patch notes.

Lets all fall back to our go to excuse, "was not as intended at launch."
  4. RPoo Augur

I swear I read it somewhere but it didn't hit me until yesterday when I was playing and used it. I'm a little bummed about it. /ragequit
  5. RPoo Augur

- Modified the timer data for the following activated AA abilities so that they should no longer conflict:
    - - Enchanter - Beguiler's Banishment and Beguiler's Directed Banishment with Drakkin racial breath abilities.
  6. Sindaiann Augur

MAX AA ENC
    11 YEAR VET
    160 DAYS PLAYED

heeeeeeee gone

*making fun of that cleric*
    Silv likes this.
  7. Dzarn Developer

This ended up being an unintended side effect of ensuring that the timer data functioned correctly.

I'll adjust both 'Beguiler's Banishment' and 'Beguiler's Directed Banishment' to have an 8 second re-use rather than the 12 and 6 second re-use timers they had previously.
  8. Triconix Augur

Can us warriors get a response for our concerns?? We haven't heard a single word and there are major changes to our class that were completely unannounced...
    Sindaiann likes this.
  9. RPoo Augur

Thanks for meeting us in the middle on this one!
  10. Random_Enchanter Augur

I'm confused. Why was this changed in the first place and what is meeting in the middle?
  11. Dzarn Developer

A number of bugs occur when two different AA abilities share a timer with differing reuse times. All AA abilities that share a timer per class were adjusted to ensure that they share the same re-use time.
  12. RPoo Augur

meeting in the middle is like a compromise
  13. Silv Augur

Um... why was the Drakkin Breath ability linked to those Enchanter AA in the first place? I appreciate adjusting the re-use timers but it seems a little strange that fixing a "bug" with being linked should result in a slight nerf. Either way it is what it is but I'm at a loss. I rather them just conflict and keep the original timers but that's just me.
  14. Dzarn Developer

There were two bugs at play in this particular case:
    • Breath abilities shared a timer with the two Banishment abilities.
    • The two banishment abilities shared a timer with differing re-use values.
    Ensuring that the breath abilities and the banishment abilities were on differing timers was fixed by moving the timer ID of the ability.

Ensuring the two abilities that still shared a timer share a re-use time amount corrects the other bug.
    Silv likes this.
  15. Random_Enchanter Augur

So the banishment line (direct and generic) was originally exposed to be 8 seconds for refresh then? And by sharing the timer with the breath AA it was incorrectly reduced to 6?

I get that much. I was just wondering what there was to compromise on.

IE the banishment line (direct and generic) was exposed to originally be 12 seconds but due to AA timer stacking it was reduced to 6 for the majority of the game. So the developers compromised with players and made it 8 seconds.

Edit :
    I just like to know the background info. Not arguing for a change or anything, just trying to wrap my head around why the change form 6 sec reuse to 12 to 8.
  16. Reval Augur

To be fair, you can play the game without beguilers being on the timer it was on, so where did the whole "who cares what you want, toughen up" attitude go that was there with the sanguine (not azure, don't be a non thinking troll) mind crystals go? Why should devs waste time fixing it when there are so many more important things for them to do?

I don't really care, just so long as you realize the valid point here. I'll pass on going far enough to offend people.
  17. Sindaiann Augur

Not one enchanter in this thread truly cares about the timer that beguilers is on, so not sure what your point is.
  18. Reval Augur

post = care. have a nice day.
  19. Sindaiann Augur

No the OP was simply asking if the change was intentional as it wasn't listed in the patch notes. Not one enchanter here said they actually care about the timer, what it was before, what it is now, or both.
  20. Brohg Augur

Well aren't you all cool. I care.