Wars Sheol's Heroic Blade AA issue

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tellarr, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Tellarr New Member

This seems to be a nice aa to add to burns for warriors considering we don't have very much even though this does not stack with any running discs like Brutal or Mighty. The issue I am finding so far with this aa, it is not increasing the damage done by critical attacks.

Can anyone else confirm there is no increase to the damage done by critical attacks while this is active?
  2. Explicit Augur

Heroic Recourse
    1: Increase Chance to Critical Hit with 2H Slash by 35%
    2: Increase Melee Haste by 68%
    3: Increase Critical 1H Blunt Damage by 150% of Base Damage

Basically garbage til that gets changed to all weapon skills.

Fellstrike (I've parsed it about a dozen times) is supremely superior to Mighty Strike in literally every situation, by the way -- and DOES stack with Heroic Blade
  3. Fllint Elder

/facepalm on this effect....

Can you please just change this to exactly what the SK Crimson Blade recourse is (which this ability was based on in the first place).

Crimson Rage Detail | History | Stacking | Raw Data

Slot Description
    1: FF Damage Amount Crit (1444%)
    2: Limit: Min Level (86)
    3: Limit: Max Level(95)
    4: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    5: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    6: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    7: Limit: Minimum Mana Cost (10)
    8: Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 316%
    9: Increase Attack Speed by 68%

Just take out lines 1-7 (because they wouldn't do anything for us anyways) and call it a day.
  4. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

The Heroic Rage recourse buff, inspecting it is even worse.

Its description reads:
    Adds 35 damage to your 2H Slashing attacks, while increasing your critical damage and melee speed for up to 0:01:00.
  5. Fllint Elder

Oh and Mighty strike is actually better than Fellstrike in most situations b/c mighty strike stacks with both 7th and glyph of the cataclysm. If you don't have enough AA's to burn glyphs and if you don't have 7th up or don't have it at all, then fellstrike will be very close in dps depending on what other support you have. Fellstrike plus Circle of power 3 and shaman epic without those other 2 would probably beat out mighty strike though. So it all depends. Mighty strike + glyph + 7th wins out in every situation though.
  6. Explicit Augur

My normal burn is something like Intensity (if it's up) + Brutal, then Glyph of the Cataclysm + Fellstrike + Heroic Blade (new addition). I've never found a situation where Mighty beat that out, even with sham epic.

Either 100% crits (no dmg mod at all, so most crits are garbage min. amount) or dmg mod to ALL hits (wars already have highest melee crit rate in the game, so MS is that much less desirable). Basically what I'm getting at is that Fellstrike has your non-crit attacks doing as much or more damage than your average un-modded crit obtained via Mighty Strike...and naturally Fell has the crits you do get (did I mention war crit rate is obscene? In a good way) that much more powerful.

In short, MS might of been the way to go quite some time in the past...but our crit rate is just too good now for it to be viable.

Last edit: With the addition of Heroic Blade, MS's viablity gets thrown that much further under the bus. It does not stack with HB and as far as I know does not mod it either.
  7. Fllint Elder

Well the reason MS was better was b/c Intensity/vehement rage/and battle leap do not stack with fellstrike at all. You also get more out of glyph of the cataclysm b/c every single hit is a crit so you get the bonus from it 100% of the time.

You are correct that over time with increased base crit rates, the gap between them will close, but we also didn't get any AA this year to increase crit rate. Fellstrike just doesn't play nicely with anything else that we use normally though.

I have parsed it out a lot in the past and Mighty/glyph/7th/vehement rage (and battle leap in place of 7th if its down) won out every time by a good margin compared to Fellstrike with the same. Fellstrike will most likely now be better when used with the new recourse like you said though. I'll do some parsing of it after the emergency patch tonight that is going to fix it.
  8. Explicit Augur

That was definitely worth looking into for me, I had always gotten different results in the past (bare MS vs Fellstrike has Fell quite a bit ahead for the duration of the disc for example).

Well, I was letting the logic of the abilities get in the way of actually stacking them out vs ADPS (I parsed a while back w/o ADPS and I guess I let that be the baseline for my burn).
    I'm not too proud to admit I was wrong this time, and learned quite a bit from this.

What I'm looking at atm. Both burns under the same condition (Intensity, Battle Leap, Vehement)
    Fellstrike
    /GU Combat Dummy Caza in 30s, 357k @11888dps --- Explicit 357k @11888dps

Mighty Strike
    /GU Combat Dummy Caza in 31s, 727k @23459dps --- Explicit 727k @23459dps

I realize these are short parses, and there's a reason for that (it was the duration of the disc, with one being literally double the other... there is no reason to parse further). I should also add that with the Anguish BP equipped, MS would be able to keep rolling for another 4-5 seconds.

That being said, there are some interesting things to account for in here. Heroic Rage will -not- stack with Brutal, Mighty Strike, OR Glyph of the Cataclysm. The recourse, when it is fixed, will actually surpass Cata in terms of ADPS.

This leaves us in a funny place as far as burning goes.

It might be viable to burn our main disces first then hit Heroic Blade w/ Glyph of Courage running and use that as a third stage burn -or- it could turn out that Fellstrike is the way to go for the recourse. Definitely look forward to parsing it out
  9. Kamea Augur

Just curious, have you done any parsing to confirm that battle leap doesn't stack with 7th? I've heard mixed information from zerkers I respect but never tested it myself.

Battle leap and vehement mods definitely stack, and the damage modifiers are in different slots (2 and 5), and 7th is in a different slot (8) as well.
  10. Fllint Elder

Yeah I have tested it. So how it works is, whatever buff you have on that gives the HIGHEST number for this mod - Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by (X) is the ONLY one that takes effect. So if you have Fellstrike running with its 100% mod it will overide the effects of vehement rage's 15%, battle leap's 35%, or 7th's 60%. It doesn't matter if both of the buffs are on you at the same time, they aren't doing anything if they are lower.

I just did some quick parses a min ago to show you what your max hit is with these abilities alone, and when combined. These hits are with just chanter haste and some other random buffs that don't matter. (edit) - I just remembered that I also had Mammoth's Force on during this which has Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 11%. My base max hit without Mammoth's Force on is = 8051. All the rest of the values below are with Mammoth's Force on.

Base max hit = 8920
    Base max hit + battle leap only = 10814
    Base max hit + Intensity of the Resolute only = 12395
    Base max hit + Battle leap + Intensity of the Resolute = 12395
    Base max hit + Battle leap + Intensity of the Resolute + Vehement Rage = 12395
    Base max hit + Fellstrike only = 15953
    Base max hit + Fellstrike +/- battle leap +/- Intensity of the Resolute +/- Vehement Rage = 15953

The other part that is attached to some of these abilities is this mod - Increase All Skills (Minimum) Damage Modifier by (X). Vehement Rage adds 45% and Fellstrike adds 400%.

I still have Intensity and battle leap running here for all sets of these, though none of them have Min damage modifier mod so it doesn't matter.

Base Min hit = 675
    Base Min hit + Vehement Rage only = 756
    Base Min hit + Fellstrike only = 1763
    Base Min hit + Fellstrike + Vehement Rage = 1763

So as you can see for both of these mods, Increase All skills damage modifier and Increase all skills minimum damage modifier, only the highest amount on any buff you currently have on you takes effect.
  11. shiftie Augur

small correction for sake of completeness.

7th dmg mod is only 55%

/highfive flint.