warrior plus 5 boxes for selos

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Mar 10, 2019.

1. The Hated One Augur

I have done the truebox 3x already. Here is the thing. No outside help. You play a warrior and say 3 monks...you will go insane. You have to position those monks. They will push the mob. You will constantly be moving the melee..to the point you want to sack punch the guy next to you in line at the grocery store the next day because he asked you to push things along. Unless your one of those people who will use some helpful naughty stuff your best bet is casters. You can mash the keypad buttons and never have to move them until you hit the autofollow buttons and move as a team. That or rangers...which isnt a bad choice either. They dish out good bow DPS ...which is just 1 button per keypad. Selos will move so fast that you might get away without a porter. So..War, cler, bard (slows, splits, mana enough for the cleric and ubar haste for the 3 rangers and resists) and 3 rangers. You could even toss in a mage for mage coth/pull. Just remember to make it easy button smashing wise otherwise you will go insane.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Keep on beating that drum, buddy.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

I set up and pull to the group (currently SK, bard, monk, shaman, mage, cleric merc). I pull with the SK. No issues at all with positioning the melee. Well, the monk takes a lot of riposte damage so I have to move him up a couple of steps now and then.
  4. mark Augur

you know nuttneg i dont play usa times and i remember having to wait hours until guildies would log on and get a group and then i added a shammie box and used to duo,wife and myself work different hours and one day i logged her rogue on and realised wow i have a group going,since then i have boxed then went 6 box when wife retired from eq babies etc.
    I will never play eq without boxing and i would love them to make a non true box server so i wont cause your immersion to be shattered but then everforums would be no fun for you,there his not 1 single person in my guild that hates boxing only botters.
  5. Machentoo Augur

And has been since about the year 2000! Welcome to Everquest!
  6. Machentoo Augur

For the umpteenth time this week, this is not true.

Autofollow the monks on the warrior. Use the warrior to position the monks with the mob in between the warrior and the monk. Hit assist, and you're done.

There is no melee push any more. Mobs do not move, unless they are getting nuked or unless your monks are dragon punching them. Or unless your war is using the PoTime clickie with a knockback.

If you are going insane trying to box a few melees because of the positioning, it is because you are doing it wrong. And no software needed whatsoever to do it right.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Serious question, why do you have the monk facing the front of the mobs? Just flip the mobs with the SK as they come in, problem solved.
  8. mark Augur

so what i have done his 3 keys on each pad exept the warrior which i use the keyboard on,key 7 assist the main,if pet class sends pet in then nukes (will debuff at higher lvl also)cleric key 7 his heal for warrior,key 8 his/rt(insert name)then next line/follow/key 9 sit or stand,warrior had fd key on keyboard,and i have in 4 the /pick hot key,then will add buff socials etc as we go on,takes a while to set up but then it makes life easier also when selos goes live and mangler all you have to do his copy the ui socials etc,dont forget to buy bags from stores and exp potions and a mount for all charecters if on selo,make the warrior the bag guy since its the pc in front of you and makes it easier and faster to sell.
    also when you hit lvl 2 and get mage pet just chain kill with the pet i set up my f key to cycle through mobs just send the pet in for quick kills,have fun in game.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I do have the monk facing the mobs. I often think "I should reposition the monk for max DPS" but I've got my routine and I tend to stick with what works. One of the issues with flipping the SK around is that Virulent Paralysis is my first CC method and that often results in the SK being beat by both mobs if VP lands a little late or in tight quarters. So the monk keeps his defense up. :) Alternatively I could position the monk so he's off to the side with very slight rear arc.
  10. Machentoo Augur

This makes sense, thanks.

Always nice to think about how other people do it. I've run into the same thing with VP.