Warrior - Gut Punch

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Beneden, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Beneden Lorekeeper

Gut Punch used to be a very effective and useful disc. However, it is pretty much useless for all mobs in TDS because it's resisted at least 90% of the time if not more. I know Eli once said it was OP, but now in it's current form it's completely useless. Is it broken or working as intended? It is resisted by pretty much all mobs in TDS. Devs please look into this disc and fix it if it's broken.

Thanks
  2. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It doesn't feel terribly useful because it is so frequently resisted, and because it lost about half its aggro value when the DoT component was stripped (not appreciated BTW, RandomWarrior_037). I don't have much else to contribute during combat, so I'm hitting it anyway. The high resist rate might warrant an adjustment to the resist check, similar to when ROG/BER combat abilities were constantly being resisted at TDS' release. Or maybe the resist rate was intentionally left alone to account for the 50% debuff, in which case I'd rather have a 25% debuff some of than time rather than a 50% debuff never.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

I have this in my blast of anger hotkey so I don't waste most of BoA's hate with an initial agro.
  4. Brohg Augur

Still boggles me that one random says one thing in one chat got Elidroth to nerf Gut Punch off the 1000s of playing warriors
    Dre. and Tiqou like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

Pull/tag w/ Staff of Viral Flux
  6. Dre. Altoholic

This. Especially when every year the devs say "get your community together and come up with a wishlist" only to have it ignored in favor of the suggestions from whoever shows up in chat (that always occurs when I'm stuck at work) whether or not they are even an active player, or maybe a proponent of another class.

And then have players signed up for beta, testing, only to ignore their feedback again.
    I've always wanted an item like this (looks at quest) Nevermind, not that bad.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

With the absence of The Steel Warrior, how will we get the community together to generate a wishlist?

Dzarn has taken over AAs, so no idea if there's even going to be continued IRC discussions where we could present our wishlist anyway.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

We can make a thread in the tank forum, otherwise for last year's list I made a TSW subreddit.
  9. Battleaxe Augur

Iirc the change was discussed on TSW. My opinion was that we benefited from the Hate over time feature and other Warriors who had the ear of developers argued that one-shot all at once aggro was more valuable for us/we didn't have a build up our aggro issue.

In fairness, many years earlier (during LDoN) I argued that we needed an at-will at-range reasonably fast refresh snap aggro ability and not Hate over time (and others argued the opposite position). In retrospect we needed both.

(see arguments that the Warrior stance system needed to be done/players got a lot of input into that system vs. the argument that stances are overly complicated and weapon setups should dictate outcomes by their intrinsic characteristics - for example DW is a DPS setup/shields are for tanking (and doing less than maximum but still Warriorly DPS in our normal [tanking] role.)

It's not the case that a random Warrior argues X and devs hew to that direction. IMO, It's more of a case that devs want to make a particular change, someone somewhere sometime will have suggested it or support it and their feedback will likely be noted when devs make the changes devs want to make.