Warrior changes 9/20

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tannin Steelblade, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Tannin Steelblade Journeyman

I am not much of a forum person.. nor do i claim to be an expert on all things warrior. I try to play a good one.. think i do ok. Been reading over the patch notes here. Its been my understanding for quite some time now folks have been complaining on warrior damage. While i like to see my numbers up there, sure who does not, i would have to agree they are a bit out of whack compared to years past.

But.. today i see nothing addressing that issue. In fact i see that you have adjusted our ability to protect ourselves. With this tweaking our taunting ability so if i am reading it right.. lowering over all effectiveness.

Is there someone here that can explain why this change seemed needed? I do love a good challenge but damn guys. Do not get me wrong. I will deal with it as I always do. Just asking for clarification as to why the protective and agro abilities of a warrior needed to be adjusted downwards.
  2. Treiln Augur

Not just for warriors, but for Tanks across the board.

Some are claiming it's so they can take things away from us, to give it back to us next xpac.
    Others claim it's because as a tank, we can roflstomp mobs and not worry about dying, so there's no challenge for tank classes.
    And there's the idea that next xpac wasn't tuned correctly, so going in as we are now, there'll be no challenge and whiners will whine.

Me? I've played MMO's quite a bit since I got into gaming back in middle school (15 years or so). And in that time, I've found that some changes are beneficial to some classes/playstyles while hurting others, and vice versa. In the end, a lot of player input/idea/suggestions are ignored, some are not, etc etc. Best thing to do is just roll with it and adapt.

Regardless of the reason DBG do what they do, it'll piss some off, and others will applaud it. No changing it now. /shrug
  3. daranged Lorekeeper

i dont see it being any problem just learn disc right is all
    Treiln likes this.
  4. arsenil Lorekeeper

Without parsing I don't see any difference myself in my tanking or agro
  5. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Its a massive unwarranted nerf, its hurt all tanks across the board, they on our agro and ruined the entire game mechanics as a whole, not 'rolling with it' or just taking it lieing down demanding 28% of my money back for giving me 28% of my character being on pure and simple it is 100% grade .
  6. Millianna Augur

In a traditional group, the stance nerf doesn't make much difference (I didn't notice it). Where this nerf hurts, is with longer fights. The agro nerf is just swift kick...