Warrior AC/Avoidance Issue - Cap with Group Gear???

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Hitty, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Hitty Augur

Hello fellow Warriors,

I changed a bit augs and gear and I was heavily astounded as nearly nothing changed.
    Exchanged Incense of the Living with Krazzi Stone and AC changed only for 2 points. Then I removed the whole "Head" and while loosing about hAgi+55 then Avoidance only changed at about 3 and AC changed about 250 but the Head has 523 AC.

So it seems that is a cap. AAs are fully maxed for all HP/AC/Avoidance, Warrior is at Level 110 and nearly full with RoS T2 Group Gear.

How terrible is that? That means that there is not really much changes if you use upgrades from EoK to RoS in numbers? Has only Sta/HP effect anymore and AC is useless since RoS (non-raider)?

Buffed the Warrior looks like at moment:

hStr 2108
    hSta 2222
    hAgi 2140
    hDex 2210
    HP240k, AC 5657

Avoidance is only at 142
    Agi shows 1501/915 + 1225
    Sta shows 1731/1238+984

Perhaps I am wrong in something or lack on understanding on the soft caps or who to increase that properly.
    Any help or explanation appreciated!
  2. p2aa Augur

There is no cap.
    Your AC stat is shown now for her real value, aka 5657 for you.
    Item AC have the same numbers than before, what changed is the way your AC stat is shown.
    Before, your AC stat had a fake value of taking the AC on item, and multiply by 1,2 or a number like this, and this was adding to your fake AC value.
    You see now the real impact of item on your AC stat, which is roughly half of the item AC per the number you posted.
    No problem for avoidance too, you win / loose 1 avoidance per multiple of 20 Hagi
    You lost 3 avoidance with - 55 Hagi, because you were likely very close to loose 1 avoidance point yet.
    If you were at 1280 Hagi, and now 1225, you lost the 1280, 1260 and 1240 Hagi multiples.
    If you would have been at 1290 for example, you would have been at 1235, and you would have lost only 2 avoidance (1280 and 1260 Hagi multiples)
  3. mackal Augur

4. Hitty Augur

That link seems to refer to the old way of distributing AC which gave a much higher AC number. But nevertheless thank you for that.

So Tanks have 1/2 AC relevancy and Casters 1/3. It does sound that at a specific level only Sta/HP even in group gear is relevant anymore. AC5200-5300 in group content seem such a tipping edge number.
  5. josh Augur

You really don't seem to be listening to anybody. the link shows how to calculate fake AC, real mitigation AC and real avoidance AC. There has been no change to AC, the old method of displaying your AC was garbage, it told you very little. AC is still very relevant, both avoidance and mitigation AC, this hasn't changed in any way.
    gotwar likes this.
  6. mackal Augur

Same thing, just the displayed number is no longer done. They haven't changed the underlining way it is calculated since that post.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Avoidance is capped at 100 until you have +400 heroic agility. After 400, it is SUPPOSED to scale linearly until 4000 (so 3600 heroic/200 avoidance = 1 avoidance per 18 heroic agility).

It is currently scaling wrong but the devs don't care (was pointed out in beta before it went live, has been bugged numerous times, they just don't care, it is going and changing 1 number (not even kidding).

That said, it only costs you a few avoidance (would have to double check, but they are basically dividing 4000 by 200 instead of 3600, for this one heroic ONLY (all others are good)).

That is the only bug with ac/avoidance right now. What you describe is perfectly normal.
  8. Hitty Augur

Many thanks Yepmetoo and all. That gives a nice and simple edge to estimate.

For that what I have said above: It is perhaps the impression with the new expansion, but every level has a specific amount of AC which made sense or was urgently necessary to not get creamed.And I had the impression, since RoS the useful maxima for AC instead of Sta are somewhere in the area 5300. Usefulness is the wrong english word, perhaps efficiency is the right one. As group gamer the range of pushing that up is much lower than as a raider. Comparing that to the difficulty, the way how mobs strike through and the Dots I was thinking about the useful range to stop focussing on AC/Avoidance and to go into HP/Sta.

In EoK it was all about AC/Avoidance for my Warrior.But in RoS now at 110 the spikes he gets are much higher even with high AC/Avoidance than compared to what the Pally or the SK are doing. For testing purposes and out of fun I made the Pally go straight in to HP/Sta and the SK mainly into Dex. The SK can tank now even a named and 4-5 adds, the Pally is good with 1-2 adds but then the limit is there very fast. The Warrior seems to be weakest with that combo. I know - different classes - difficult to compare - but I compare their ability how they did in EoK at 105 and there the warrior was the first guy to tank. Now more and more the SK runs the show while the Pally is sturdy enough to keep a whole group alive even when the cleric goes down.

So what is the feeling about this AC/Avoidance stuff in the group content in RoS and is there somebody who made that comparison with 3 identical tanks (I don't had that so far - and it would cost too much to test that at moment for me).

Any real experience?
  9. Narogg Augur

Hey bud. On my 110 warrior with just cleric merc and self buffs I'm at 5996 ac . I still lack ros pc (player crafted) pants. I'm fairly sure I'll break 6k when I make them. The spikes your referring to are not Melee hits that you can mitigate. They are spell dmg which tears a warrior up worse then a sk or pally
  10. Narogg Augur

Note I have way less hp then you do because of my choice to Aug heroic agi not heroic sta
  11. Narogg Augur

[IMG]

Note:would be higher stats but that Damn Cliff Stone does not last long and it has run out.
  12. Narogg Augur

part of the issue your seeing is the fact that there is no buff ( to my knowledge) that increases your AGI Cap

So in my picture you can see i am raw AGI capped at 905 (white Number) Nothing cast on me will ever bump that white number up allowing me to use the extra 205 AGI that my gear is actually providing on the left.

This is why if you want AC as a warrior, you MUST stack heroic AGI on your augs.
  13. Narogg Augur

14. Qbert Gallifreyan

http://www.raidloot.com/Spells.aspx?name=elixir of the feline&class=All PC

There are a couple of short term shaman buffs, but as for a relatively long-term buff: this will raise your agility cap. I'm not saying it is or isn't of value, merely listing it for ya.

There is also a tribute line (2 stackable lines, actually) to raise agility's cap if you're so inclined.
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

Also, the DoN progression aa gives you +10 to the base stats as well as raises the cap by 10. I think it is the first one, but I haven't gone through DoN since it was current content so I might be incorrect on that part.
  16. Hitty Augur

mh...
    with these AAs I am coming up to
    6592 AC / HP241k
    hAgi is +1243, capped at Agi 915

so yes.. many thanks Narogg and QBert. Did most progression stuff, but still lacking on some.
    The spikes are the dots/spells mostly, they are in control with Enchanter buffs but still SK and Pally are doing better in RoS. In EoK I had the first time the feeling that the Warrior is a REAL warrior, I mean the best meatshield in game. Before EoK I used Mage Pet - sadly as it is. Now Sk/Pally run the show which let me think I am doing something wrong with them.
    Drogbaas tips with the SK were genious. Warrior is better on a single mob while SK is better on a bunch of mobs and Pally seems to stay somewhere in between.I am not sure if that is the distribution or better emphasizes on hSta, hDex or hAgi on each of them.

But all can also be my incapabilitiy to not use them to the last inch - EQ is so complicated - it is always something new to learn ;)
  17. shiftie Augur

Hdex is going to have better return on investment in the group game unless they upped heroic strike through in the group game. I haven’t stepped foot into ros yet as I’m casually soloing to 110. With that said stacking Hagi makes the most sense in raiding unless you need more hp to survive ae. All that assumes you aren’t just trying to pad ac for the sake of a magelo.
  18. Narogg Augur

Just to make sure we are all on the same page.
    Green number = total stat your gear provides
    White number = your stat cap
    Yellow number = Heroic Stat.

So is your 1243 the Green or yellow number?
  19. Lianeb Augur

20. Narogg Augur

LOL now that is not like you! Normally you find something wrong with the info I provide LOL
    You feeling ok Lianeb?