Warrior 2.0 Particles

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Explicit, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Explicit Augur

In preparation of the elusive (TBA, l o l) Epic 2.0 Ornaments, is there anyway we can get the particles restored to this item? They used to be extremely vivid and now they are washed out. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I've taken some screenshots to show what has happened

The left side is how it used to look but now only seen from -1- angle in offhand. The right side is the current state, from pretty much every single angle and most prominent in primary.
    [IMG]

I'd blame it on my hardware, but this is definitely on EQ's end as I've noticed this problem across 5-6 different PCs over the years. I've taken the screenshots from the above angles to best illustrate what has happened.
    [IMG]
    Here's a much older picture from the era that this item was current, to better show what the particles used to be like
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Blade of StrategyTactics, please!
    And epic2 ornaments would give Clerics a shield item.. any chance we could also have the Water Sprinkler? ;)
  3. WarSheol Augur

You can have an ornament for each epic you have completed and beaten the event to get, they arent tradeable and dont have the effects, they are just for looks :cool:

to the original poster doesnt turning off particle effects in options help? alt+O
  4. Explicit Augur

My problem is that I -want- to see the weapon particles but by some change to the item or the game they no longer appear as vibrant as they used to be (see Gster pictures). From most angles, I might as well have particles off because they simply do not show up on this item -- and really only this item from what I can tell
  5. Explicit Augur

Bump, because it's still a problem
  6. Triconix Augur

I remember having 2.0 pre particle change and it was AWESOME. One day I logged in and it was completely washed out and bland. From what I remember it was some kind of update to their graphics engine that changed particles of pretty much all 2.0s and it couldn't be restored to its original form. I never really found out why and was probably much too young to fully understand the technical aspect of it (I was like 14 back then.)
  7. boukk_sebilis Augur

Same probleme on the paladin one, they totally screwed particle effect on some patch a long time ago.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  8. SpamFactory Augur

many 2.0s had better particles at launch (necro and paladin were also better before). they changed something down the road that ruined the particles on these weapons.
    I don't think you will ever see them correct them again. the art department is probably busy making hats.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Recnarp Augur

Would be nice if this were fixed so other classes can enjoy thier epic ornaments.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Does it even matter, considering it sounds like 90% of warriors are going to become a SK or Paladin instead :)
  11. Gladare Augur

You're wrong!

95% will switch when the new content goes live.
  12. Phrett Augur

Wasn't there some sort of particle stacking issue back in the day with those that could crash zones?? I may be thinking of a different set of weapons but I swear there were some particle coding issues they had to resolve at some point.
  13. Recnarp Augur

Can ogre beastlords get some love too?

[IMG]
  14. Torriadore Elder

Yep, Paladin 2.0 had awesome particles once...then the flame got extinguished, unless you happen to catch it at the right angle (aka right underneath your crotch looking toward the sky camera angle)

SOE plz
  15. Xirtket Augur

If you go under options >display tab>under where it says particles, that has 3 tabs, go to player.. turn density on high .. see if that corrects it. Unless you've done that already.. if so.. ignore me.
  16. Explicit Augur

It's a problem with the particles on pretty much all 2.0s, the items themselves and not a player issue unfortunately. Somewhere along the line they basically got removed, since you can only see them at certain angles and underwater - essentially turning them all into 1.5s unless you're a wizard.
  17. Triconix Augur

I will never stoop down to becoming a knight!
  18. Explicit Augur

Sure would be nice to have particles on 2.0s that are actually visible...

Since this apparently works --
    [IMG]
    Straahdx likes this.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

20. Explicit Augur

Bump because...at one point before EQ dies I'd like to see my 2.0's particles again. Still an issue on war epic and all others afaik =/
    [IMG]
    Daislet likes this.