Warrior 1hs v 2hs (Dev please reply)

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Braveheart, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Braveheart Augur

Could a dev please respond?

Are warriors going to see improved performance with DW or 2H?
  2. shiftie Augur

titles with devs pls reply usually get ignored fyi
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. Braveheart Augur

Would just be nice to get a straight answer. If there are no plans for improving this, then we can just move on and forget about DW. Really they should just give Warriors the same ability as Knights and not even let us equip an offhand.
  4. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

The answer at Fan Faire was they want to have it where DW is most aggro, Sword and Board is more defensive, and 2hander is most DPS. Currently, everyone knows this isn't the case. But, it is the intention to make it like I listed in the future.
  5. Battleaxe Augur

An answer somewhere on these forums (paraphrasing since I don't remember the exact quotes) -

1. DW is not a tanking set up.

2. DW and 2H are both DPS set ups. DW will produce smaller hits than 2H but more of them. 2H will produce larger hits than DW but fewer of them.

With 2H temporarily DMG/DLY stagnated and afaik no DPS enhancing abilities in the near future I don't expect to see significantly greater 2H DPS than we're currently seeing any time soon. Dev/s are concerned about too great potential 2H DPS.

DW? If S&B is for tanking and people use aggro augged aggro weapons then there's no reason much better damage oriented 1Handers augged with the big DMG augs aren't pretty competitive.

And seriously, the number of fights where higher DPSing Warrior matter more than S&B wielding ready to tank Warriors is miniscule. I'd like to pull out a 2Hander when not tanking and the raid leader yells "Burn". I do it now vs. the few mobs that have big damage shields. But I'm a tank. I dress like a tank. And as long as my DPS when performing my usual role (and dressed for it) is Warrior appropriate I care only because I'd like more variety than switching in a 1H DPS weapon - I'd like it to be pretty obvious to an on looker that I'm DPSing. A big 2Hander does that.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I think you can write off dual wield for tanking (shield is too important) or dps (a big 2 hander should do more damage than toys to main/off hand))
    Personally I'd like devs to work on 'enough' dps while using sword and board, but 2hers being our proper dps setup. Right now sword and board is too much dps, and 2hers are not enough.

Dual weild, I enjoyed back in the day, but I think it should really die as an option. Trying to keep it alive will just cripple our other options.
  7. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

With the 2hander nerfs, good luck getting DPS out of them.
  8. Battleaxe Augur

I look at my DPS over the course of an evening and I definately don't see "too much". The once 120% (real DPSers), 100% (Warriors), 80% (hybrids) guidelines are looooong gone with real DPSers easily doing 2-3-4 times my DPS.

I'm with you on the "enough" DPS while tanking (our usual role) and geared to tank (S&B) viewpoint. It would be wrong and silly if in our usual role we didn't do appropriate for the class DPS.

When we aren't tanking and damage shields and ripos aren't pumping up our DPS (compensation for accepting the risks of getting pummeled) we have to pull out a big 2Hander to enjoy similar DPS? I'm fine with that.

I'm afraid we're stuck with regard to 2H DPS. It looks like we're lumped with Berserkers and Rangers and as a result of receiving too much benefit from ADPS classes we've been reined in. This is despite the fact that at least in raids Warriors aren't in DPS support groups, we're in tank groups.