WAR/BER/BRD/??

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by weebly, Jan 21, 2020.

1. weebly Journeyman

I'm a returning player, been playing TLP but want to dip my toe into live. I've been playing around with a warrior, berserker, bard, they're in the mid 80s right now. Thinking about adding a 4th box. I'm leaning shaman, but I'm considering cleric or maybe beastlord.

I have no intention of raiding with these characters so my tank will always be in group gear. With that in mind, maybe I need the cleric for better heals?

In case it matters, I use legal boxing software, so I think I could make any class work with the right hotkeys.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Best 4th box to that group is definitely a shaman. It will provide heals, debuffs, CC and ADPS. On high HP named mobs or multiple mob pulls you'll be able to get some decent damage from throwing some DoTs on a mob.

That 4box team would look pretty much like this:

Just without the extra 2 berserkers
    eepok likes this.
  3. SteelToe Elder

Tucoh, starting with either Brd/Rog/Warrior or Brd/Shm/Warrior (110s), what would be the additions (up to a 6 person box group with mild software assist) that would handle current content? I tend to be melee centric and enjoy hitting buttons for defensives, offensive burns and such, although that enchanter is a CC marvel. Can a shaman alone handle healing in group content, in conjunction with a merc healer, or is a cleric the best option?

Fighting in a static spot and pulling to it is fairly straightforward. Moving as a team as through a dungeon or something as ugly as Emerald Jungle is far more problematic.

Thanks.