W.E. Beastlord (& Froglok Monk) SOE peace offering

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Draego, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Draego Augur

While I am adamantly against the Wood Elf Beastlord idea, and have no plans on changing my viewpoint anytime soon, maybe there is a way SOE can smooth this over for others as soon as the character class becomes available.

I included the Froglok Monk in the title, so as not to exclude them, as I know some players will most likely want to be included in the option choices I will below.

One might suggest to SOE to either offer some of the following incentives as possibilities.

Option A: Grant a FREE Transmogrification Scroll to every Beastlord, most likely causing an increase in MP sales for Potion of Amnesia and Companion's Amnesia.

Option B: Grant a FREE Potion of Amnesia and Companion's Amnesia to every Beastlord, most likely causing an increase in MP sales for Transmogrification Scrolls.

Option C: Offer a 75% discount on Transmogrification Scrolls, Potions of Amnesia and Companion's Amnesia for 1 month after the class(es) becomes available

While I personally don't see SOE going for Options A or B, I see no reason that they would want to ignore Option C

This is just my 2cp worth on how to make a smooth transition when these classes become available.

EDIT:
    Before anyone starts making comments that this excludes Monks in option A, I am not suggesting that they be excluded from option A. I just don't think SOE would actually choose Option A in all seriousness, it is just listed in the off chance they want to surprise us all.
  2. Tarrin Augur

I would expect them to do the opposite. Make it harder/not allowed to switch to a WE BL (or any new race/class combo) for at least the first month.

If people are against the idea of WE BLs, I am uncertain how giving them the option of switching *to* the WE BL is a way to smooth things over..unless you really want to just switch from 1 BL option already available to another that is already available.

Since this was a vote, and obviously there is going to be a winner and a loser..someone for and against whatever combo won, do you feel that if Dark Elf Ranger (or anything else hypothetically) won that all Rangers should have been given this option as well?

Edited for clarity.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Stubar Augur

1.Enter character creation screen
    2.Start making a beastlord
    3.PICK RACE selection
    4.Pick ORGE
    5.Enjoy the freedom to NOT click the wood-elf
    Kaenneth, guado, Beimeith and 4 others like this.
  4. code-zero Augur

1. Enter character selection screen
    2. Select Ogre Beastlord
    3. Select DELETE CHARACTER
    4. Confirm DELETE

;)
  5. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

I'd imagine when the WE BST is released you will see a sale on race change scrolls. I know my Ogre BST will be switching, because if it had been an option to begin with I would have made a WE.
  6. Draego Augur

I was also adamantly against the D.E. Ranger but yes I would have suggested and supported SOE in deciding to treat them in the same manner if the D.E. Ranger had won instead. While I personally don't care for either of the final vote race/class combos that were presented, I am for supporting a smooth transition, regardless of neither being a chosen outcome I voted for.

EDIT:
    Personally I am hoping and waiting for the day when SOE listens to my argument presented supporting reasoning for Drakkin to become a ALL race/class combo decision.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/a_piestro_03-has-spawned.203264/#post-2991570

Quote contains information relating to Sept. 19, 2013, since that posting another 6-10years game time have passed.
  7. TheQxx Augur

WE Beastlord doesn't make any sense from a lore/logical standpoint in the word of EverQuest. There is nothing sacred around here anymore; nothing left to preserve. Why stop there? Next up, Barbarian Wizards, Ogre Enchanters, Iksar Bards and Troll Druids.
  8. Draego Augur

While I personally respect the aspect of Lore, and believe me I argued heavily against W.E Beastlord on a lore basis (at least from the stand point that a Treant is not a Beast in anyway). SOE does have a viable reasoning for Iksars to be several classes they currently are not.
    Naxot Deepwater - a NPC for the Cleric Epic 1.0, who happens to be a Iksar Cleric.
    I am sure others could point out other races you mentioned and can give a lore based reasoning, showing that a specific NPC or such broke off from the norms and expected standards of their race design.
  9. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Some are meant to be ogres, like those who can't even spell ogre.
    Bearforce, Braveheart and Aeonblade like this.
  10. Stubar Augur

Keepin in da true spirit of da ORGE.
    Thick skull =no frontal stun

(Kudos for noticing so quickly)
  11. blood & gufts Augur

Silver vs Stubar: 1 0

Stubar makes it 1 1
  12. Draego Augur

While we're at least on a related topic.....

SOE should go ahead and change the following two items to include Beastlords.......because Tuna(re) obviously wouldn't want to overlook her new Beast children.....
    Gloves of Earthcrafting
    Fabled Gloves of Earthcrafting
  13. Edrick Augur

I didn't know there were many people at war with SOE about the new race/class combo.
  14. Tharrg Augur

I cant wait for the new class/race combo... I am quite tired of my Kitty cat Bst.. and I hope I get to change her to a Wood Elf.....
  15. Braveheart Augur

SOE vs. The Wife

Wife_01: What's this $15.00 charge to SOE on the bank statement? I thought it was just $15 once a month?
    Husband_01: Beastlords can be Wood Elves now!
    Wife_01: Does this mean you are going to be playing more.
    Husband_01: Yes, I'm a Wood Elf now. Look see how sexy my character is now.
    Wife_01: You can have the computer in the divorce.
    Draego likes this.
  16. Draego Augur

^LOL

Thankfully my wife plays as much as I do..............
    Aanuvane and Tharrg like this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Fixed that for you
    Yinla and Draego like this.
  18. Tharrg Augur

I still find the anger over Wood Elf beastlords surprising, of course I blame it on the DE ranger loosing to them as the whole reason for the anger. If there was not a vote I doubt there would be so much hate. I for one wish they would not have done Frog Monks and had instead done Gnome Monks..
    Obiziana likes this.
  19. Bearforce Lorekeeper

I'm just glad none of the DE options won out, considering you can easily turn into a DE a million different ways in game. Also Drizzt is dumb is another reason.

Gnome Beastlord should have won.
  20. Tharrg Augur

Imagine... Gnome Beastlord and Gnome Monk being the 2 new race/class options.. that would have rocked...
    Kaenneth and Bearforce like this.