VR Everquest, Oculus Quest (2)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kendiian, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Kendiian Monk

Heya does anybody play Everquest on the Oculus Quest, lemme know where I can buy it or what you have to do to hook Oculus Quest up with Everquest (I'd like to get fit playing Everquest) Just doing some research before I buy a VR or Oculus 2 (the newest VR). I played a ninja sword chopping fruit game on Oculus for the first time tonight and its very fun. I'm sure alot of people would reply to this post if they had the chance to read it and the player base would be insane for Everquest. I also heard that there is someone who plays P99 Everquest on VR but I couldn't find it on twitch, please reply. O yeah GET IT.

Yours sincerely Malcolm.
  2. The real Sandaormo Augur

Save $, do push ups between pulls.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Ebine Augur

There was a few people playing EQ in VR with VorpX on the rift. Not sure if they upgraded the program so it can run on the Oculus 2 though. You might look at shadow gate for now. That looks interesting. Been waiting for them to fix the Oculus 2 so it works fine with the computer and no wires. I loved my rift but the wires can get in the way or you forget that your turned around.
  4. Mirthe Journeyman

You can't really play Everquest with a VR headset. I used VorpX with an Oculus Rift, and you can see a single scene in Everquest (basically whatever you're looking straight ahead at), BUT you can't rotate your head and look around. So you need to use your mouse and a keyboard, and it's not really the experience you're imagining.

Also, the UI is on top of everything and remains flat. So while it was somewhat cool to get a look at a single scene in VR, it wasn't in any way playable. And kind of nausea inducing because when you move your head the camera doesn't move.

Definitely don't get a VR headset with the intention of using it with Everquest.
  5. Treage_Imminent Elder

Maybe the move to 64 bit will help at some point, but with the limited audience I don't anticipate DPG spending resources on VR sadly.

As an aside, I'm writing this on a smartphone with the most unfriendly user interface I've ever seen in modern times. It's pretty rough, and they haven't made any changes to the website to accommodate cell users since, well, ever.

The 1st iPhone launched 6/29/07 for a point of reference, so almost 15 years with no updates.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon