Vox or FV?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kluwen, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Not all of us enjoy being powerlevelled. Some like myself enjoy levelling on our own and at our pace. So yeah, that twink gear is nice.
    Quatr likes this.
  2. Quatr Augur

Well, you can pass level 1 weapons to your next alt and the next one and the next one etc. Whenever I decide to level another alt, I find all the high HP/no recommended level items that I have lying around and throw them on the alt. Add a few decent weapons, some potions and he is good to go to power-level himself for the first 20-30 levels while keeping his skills maxed or near-maxed.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  3. Fluid Augur

I've thought about it a lot. I figure the primary reason is they have a say level 100 character that makes a couple of tons of pt an hour, so that is their expected rate of return. I may be saying this badly, they don't feel the need to take a cut in pay just to help the shard be a friendlier place for low level characters.

It makes a lot of sense if you think with your wallet instead of your heart. It's 'the smart play'. While I am on the other side, I can't fault people for playing smart. We may be thinking EQ is a fantasy RPG with guild mates, friends, grouping, and cooperative play, while they focus on the min/max Monopoly aspect. The game is probably better for having them, just that it would be even better if the bazaar consisted of more then level 95-100 level characters passing around coin and gear among themselves.
  4. Quatr Augur

It varies. Some people have made millions and millions of pp selling certain trade skill items over the years, so they are set for life. Other people with high level characters don't think much about pp because they wear NO TRADE gear, so as long as they have the funds to move augments around, summon corpses, pay mercs, etc they are happy. Most players are probably in between, making money when they need it for specific reasons, e.g. for cultural armor, which, depending on where we are in the expansion cycle, can cost hundreds of thousands of pp.

However, speaking as a seller, when I have a Swatter of Doom for sale, I don't think in terms of "smart" or "generous" pricing. I check what others are asking for SoDs and similar items and set the price accordingly. If there is no demand, I may have to lower the price week after week until it sells. Conversely, if the item is in demand and I priced it too low, it may sell in minutes, perhaps to a reseller. And so it goes.
  5. Kluwen New Member

Holy crap the leveling is fast on FV! I put in about a 3.5 hour session last night and took my druid from level 15 to 35. That included running back form the hot zones to Pok to get new spells, sell vender trash, etc every few levels. I remember the days when that would have taken me months!

Just on vender trash I broke even in terms of my spell costs and merc costs. Not bad I suppose. I also got about 10 or so defiant drops to sell on the Bazaar.

Also, some VERY kind person sent me some start up money and lvl 75 gear! Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

Klu

P.S Mistake on the spelling of the name of my Ranger. He is Kluewen, not Kluwen. Just in case anyone wants to send me a tell to group up or add me to friends list. Kluwen was the name of my original Ranger back on Sarryn. Unfortunately the name was taken on FV so I named him Kluewen.