Fixed Internally VM detection gone rogue

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by yober, Nov 13, 2019.

1. yober Elder

It would seem the recent changes to your VM detection is getting a lot of innocent people suspended / banned. As far as I can tell no where in your ToS or server rules does it prohibit the use of VMs running alongside EQ as long as EQ isn't being run from inside the VM. The rules clearly state "Playing on virtual machines."
    PotatoPower likes this.
  2. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

How do you know there were changes to the vmware detection? Also, how do you know the few people that posted are innocent? Are you saying you have more info than Daybreak? Please show us this info, if so.

The people getting suspensions(I'm going to assume you are included in this) will be able to prove their innocence since it is logged, so they will be able to show this info to Daybreak.

Your words in here mean nothing. No one can help you except yourselves. These are suspensions, not bans. Stop running vmware when you play TLP's on EQ.

It really is that simple. If you or anyone else cannot do that, then perhaps it is time you play a different game while running VMware.
  3. PotatoPower Lorekeeper

I got caught in this too. Apparently had a program in the background on the PC, have never used it to play the game. I 2-box on two PCs set up side by side. Suspended "cheating", took a day after petitioning to find out it was for VM software, a program I've not even opened let alone used to play EQ on.

Trolls have been having a lot of fun trying to make people even more pissed about this, I'm not gonna respond to your nonsense, so knock yourselves out (literally, preferably).
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Being a bit paranoid at times. I see no hint of VMWare on my system. Can it hide on a system?
  5. yober Elder

Not unless the person who installed it hid it intentionally.
  6. Theka Elder

my box got hit with this too never had this false positive happen before because its never been running at all. This pc has vmware installed on it and never has been run and isnt running in the background that i can tell.. this is ridiculous now my box has a 7day for nothing. I uninstall that anyway but this has gone too far.
    PotatoPower likes this.