Video card not capable enough

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Aplastador, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Aplastador New Member

Has anyone ever had this issue when they first logged on? I havent played since late 2015 and want to get back to playing and now it says my video card is not capable. It's a freakin Radeon Toxic R9 2g video card. I use to play with game with 1/8 this system. Any help or advice would be awesome. I sent a message to support but they seem a bit slow is response back to me and they do not have a chat feature it seems.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Aplastador likes this.
  3. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

pretty sure you can just ignore it
  4. Zefirus Journeyman

I assume it still allows you to play and this is just a pop up/notification? I suspect the card is just not on the list of approved cards. As long as the directx9c is in there, you should be good.
  5. Aplastador New Member

It was totally blocked at the install screen. it let me do the innitialgame download but to do all the installs it blocked me. Turns out it was a video card driver issue. I went from 17.10 to 17.7 and it now works just fine. I had checked to make sure i had the latest drivers but did not think to go back a version to test that. Thanks for the forum link that reminded me Catspaws. This issue is closed now. Should be playing again in a few minutes.
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

And ops, necro an old thread :)

Though the OP has posted back how he resolved the issue, I did wish to correct a few things, especially how the directx 9c work.

Catspaw, that is an OLD direct 9c program, missing several years of direct 9c updates, stop it :)

The error is from the launchpad itself. It checks a file against what system info is available. If it does not match it will give that error. Sometimes bad or corrupted driver installs will have the system providing wrong information. And by default Windows 10 updates also include driver updates, which can furbar things.