Cannot Reproduce Veteran AA "Steadfast Servant" doesn't work

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by CellRx, Oct 4, 2022.

1. CellRx New Member

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Tue Oct 04 16:29:13 2022

Character: Level 75 Bard (Main)
    Zone: Any Zone (tried multiple)

Description: The "Steadfast Servant" AA doesn't appear to be functional for my character. It casts, activates the re-use timer, but nothing is summoned (the imp) and there are no heals/buffs/etc. On other characters, it works just fine. On my character specifically, it doesn't work at all, after multiple attempts.
    Pukkun, fraziel07, Aemaeth and 6 others like this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Do you have another familiar up?
  3. Kendeth Augur

Steadfast servant is working for me but I am experiencing the same thing you describe with the Summon Tribute Master veteran AA. All of the other NPC summon AAs worked, only the tribute master wouldn't show up. So there may be something happening with multiple veteran AAs that summon NPCs.

This happened on two different servers on two different accounts and I had no familiar summoned.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Some of these vet AA function by summoning a familiar, others by summoning a pet. In cases where you already have a familiar or pet, they will not work (because you can have only one at a time). You have to dismiss your other familiar/pet first.
  5. Kendeth Augur

Duder likes this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

On your familiar keyring do you have auto-leave clicked?
    Wulfhere likes this.
  7. Forum_Quester New Member

I have been having the same problem. I ensured that I had no familiar up, auro-leave was not checked, and I have not been able to summon the servant on one character.
    CellRx and Duder like this.
  8. Duder Augur

Often the Vet AA's to summon vendors/bankers etc put a buff on you. Were you bufflocked at the time when you tried to use it and it failed? As for the Steadfast Servant portion/topic of this thread, I have no insight. I will try to remember to use it a bunch and see if I can replicate the issue to report back further.
  9. CellRx New Member

Thank you for replying. No other familars or pets active
    minimind likes this.
  10. CellRx New Member

On my TLP, I do not believe I can test this out. But, I am glad I am not the only one with an issue
  11. CellRx New Member

Thank you for sharing. I am replying to this to boost the issue.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How To Upvote Bugs!

It is important for us to prioritize bugs and fix the most important ones first. You can help us and add your voice to that prioritization by "upvoting" bugs that you think are important.
    • To upvote a bug, open the thread and click LIKE on the first post (the initial bug report).
    So far, only 2 of the posters have clicked "like" - not a big turnout
    CellRx likes this.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

Veteran AA of this type fall under SPA 108 and SPA 152 as follows:

SPA 108 (familiar)
    • Summon Resupply Agent (no auto leave)
    • Summon Clockwork Banker (no auto leave)
    SPA 152 (swarm pet)
    • Chaotic Jester
    • Steadfast Servant
    • Summon Distiller Vendor
    • Summon Tribute Master
    You can have one familiar (banker or resupply agent) and all of the swarms up at the same time (confirmed). All this is subject to your pet and block buff options.

Check and see if you have Options -> General -> Hide Pets enabled at all. This can hide models of most familiars and pets, preventing interaction. Changing this setting might require zoning to take effect.

Check and see that you are not blocking the spell. All of these Vet AA can be blocked.

Note: Resupply agent and banker familiars can zone with you, the other swarm pets cannot.

Note: There are cases where you can have two familiar models at the same time if you cast them in a stacking order (e.g. wizard drake and heal sprite). In such a case when you have the buffs and zone then the overridden model is loaded and you end up with both models in subsequent zones.
  14. CellRx New Member

Hello!

Thank you for this write up.

I checked blocked spells and I checked the pet settings, everything is set correctly. On the TLP, I do not have resupply agents or bankers, so I am set there.

I even casted a familiar and got rid of it just to see if I could "refresh" it somehow. Still nothing.
  15. CellRx New Member

** Bump **

I did some further testing with the same result, no servant.
    • I "refreshed" the hotkey to see if it was a broken link. Nothing there
    • I also used "/alt activate 485" to see if it was a button issue and still nothing.
    I am running out of ideas on what I can test to make this work. The crappy part is that I can only try new things once per day.
  16. CellRx New Member

just did a test copy of my character to test server. on test server, it works. So isolated it to a TLP issue.?
  17. CellRx New Member

At this point, I am unsure what to do. I submitted a service ticket where I was told nothing could be done from that team. They instructed me to post here. I post here and nothing is being done.

How I do i get the attention of a GM to prove and show my issue?
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is it. You have explained your problem and others have clicked the "LIKE" button which is how to get the Dev's attention. Once they have addressed it then they will either

A) ask for more info

B) Confirm the bug (it will then say CONFIRM in red on your post

C) decide it is not a bug but instead is a feature of the TLP server you are on and mark it as NOT A BUG and close it

D) could say "Fixed internally" which means they have fixed it on their side but we will have to wait to see if the fix goes into the next patch.

So right now you wait. Some items get fast attention and fixes but others could take days, weeks, months etc. A recent bug with the music took 3 months, almost 4.

There is no sense in "bumping" the post since it does not matter which post is on the top. It matters which post has the most "LIKES"
  19. Soulbanshee Augur

Test copy is just your server side data, not your character and UI files. If this was your first time on test, your character files would have been clean/default.

On your live character while logged out, rename character_server.ini and UI_character_server.ini files. Log into the game (yes your layout is going to be default). Create a hotkey with servant, try casting it. If it works, then its something in your local settings that is blocking or dismissing.

You can delete the new ini files and rename your original files to get your layout and hotkeys back, while logged out again.

Which server?
  20. Corpsefury New Member

I wonder if its a bard thing only, same problem on my bard 2 days in a row now.